Reload this Page >

Money - House Sale - Advise

Money - House Sale - Advise

Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

thepominlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money - House Sale - Advise

Hi,

Had some house valuations recently not good it looks like we will manage to only get £135-140k for our 3 bed house in Coventry.

Problem is we were hoping for more mainly to pay off our debts so we could arrive in OZ debt free (for the first time in 20 years) with some money in our pocket.

We will arrive debt free but with only $15000 at this rate, not a lot i know but we figure its enough for a cheap $2000 car and 6 months rent. We got a lot of family over there so some sponging may be called for until i find work.

Has any one else arrived with so little and a family. If so i would love to hear how you got on.

Thanks

John
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money - House Sale - Advise

Originally Posted by thepominlaw
Hi,

Had some house valuations recently not good it looks like we will manage to only get £135-140k for our 3 bed house in Coventry.

Problem is we were hoping for more mainly to pay off our debts so we could arrive in OZ debt free (for the first time in 20 years) with some money in our pocket.

We will arrive debt free but with only $15000 at this rate, not a lot i know but we figure its enough for a cheap $2000 car and 6 months rent. We got a lot of family over there so some sponging may be called for until i find work.

Has any one else arrived with so little and a family. If so i would love to hear how you got on.

Thanks

John
I have said this before, but only because I am so impressed with them - check out threads from Wholeworldwindow - came with very little money, two little nippers but mountains of hope and determination.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:17 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thanks

John
me again john think some people have gone with alot less than that .... some with just a couple of grand ...look at it this way at least you are debt free with some cash behind you in oz
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:22 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

John
John, if we get visas we'll need to pay the $100k bond so we're not going to have much left to come over with either. I think you'll just need shed loads of determination to get a job quickly - oh yeah, and good relatives We've got no rellies in Aus so you'll be better off than us in that respect.
Good luck.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

thepominlaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Spouse visa for us, so were lucky that we dont need the bond.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

hi folks,were in similar boat got quite a few debts but were gonna settle them before we go,were only taking about £30,ooo,so about $70000,but were gonna make a bloody good go of it because at the end of the day thats all wed have if we stayed here and settled,our lad is 14 but i think the quicker you get settled with rented house,jobs etc your halfway there,im emailing job vacancies now and were about 5 months away from going yet the response is fantastic they all tell you as soon as you land to get to them asap and they should still have vacancies,go for it
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:51 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

John
You can do it but I think you need to budget more for a car. The price of 2nd hand cars is ridiculous. $2000 will get you the equivalent of a £100 car in the UK. Spend a couple of k more & you will get something better.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
John, if we get visas we'll need to pay the $100k bond so we're not going to have much left to come over with either. I think you'll just need shed loads of determination to get a job quickly - oh yeah, and good relatives We've got no rellies in Aus so you'll be better off than us in that respect.
Good luck.
Hi we have just sold our house less than we thought and had to pay the bond, but we are determined to cut costs as much as possible and make it work when we get there. We are bored and skint here so we may as we be happier and skint in oz! We will also get out bond money back after 12 months so we consider it safe for the time being and makes us more determined to find any job as quickly as possible. We know it will be a struggle but one we have fought hard to succeed in.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Hi we have just sold our house less than we thought and had to pay the bond, but we are determined to cut costs as much as possible and make it work when we get there. We are bored and skint here so we may as we be happier and skint in oz! We will also get out bond money back after 12 months so we consider it safe for the time being and makes us more determined to find any job as quickly as possible. We know it will be a struggle but one we have fought hard to succeed in.
here here head down arse up for 6 months then start realising that your in a crackin place,its all there if you want it