Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

money exchanging help please, not thick honest!

money exchanging help please, not thick honest!

Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:15 am
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all
Default money exchanging help please, not thick honest!

hi all
have just sent an application to open a bank account with westpac
trouble is it takes 3weeks for me to get the account number sent through and we leave next week for perth.
i was hoping to take advantage of the current exchange rate but cant without another bank account in oz to transfer funds.
i dont suppose anyone has any ideas on what to do other than exchange into dollars in uk and take money over in person.
sorry if it seems a daft thread just cant think straight at the mo with all thats going on with the move.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

skoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant future
Default Re: money exchanging help please, not thick honest!

Think you might be suprised, I opened a west-pac account the other week it only took a week for all my details to come through. Failing that give them a ring & they will probley sort you out account numbers straight away.
good luck ian
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:20 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by mand-jim
hi all
trouble is it takes 3weeks for me to get the account number sent through and we leave next week for perth.
i was hoping to take advantage of the current exchange rate but cant without another bank account in oz to transfer funds.
i dont suppose anyone has any ideas on what to do other than exchange into dollars in uk and take money over in person.
sorry if it seems a daft thread just cant think straight at the mo with all thats going on with the move.
Hey,

I have a similiar problem, I do have an aussie account but was temporarily closed down from lack of use!

I have purchased AUS $ online and having it posted to me in the form of a draft. That way I can take it with me or post it over for a friend to lodge when my account is re-activated.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:45 am
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mand-jim
hi all
we had the same problem, used hifx to change the money and arranged a longer settlment date with them,this gave us enough time to land here set up a bank account and send them the bank account details
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:04 pm
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

cheers people some good info thank you