Reload this Page >

Money exchangers

Money exchangers

Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:32 am
AJG
Just Joined

AJG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money exchangers

Not sure if this is the best place, but anyone decided who they are gonna change money with? Cant find anyone offering a commercial rate of over 2.43 at the moment. Adam
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Money exchangers

Originally Posted by AJG
Not sure if this is the best place, but anyone decided who they are gonna change money with? Cant find anyone offering a commercial rate of over 2.43 at the moment. Adam
Try oxforex or else hifx

We changed our with ozforex and they were great.

Trish
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:54 pm
AJG
Just Joined

Thanks. Can i be so bold as to ask what rate you held out for (if you did this recently)? I can see this month there is a downward pattern emerging. I was hoping for $2.5 but that may be a little optimistic
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AJG
Thanks. Can i be so bold as to ask what rate you held out for (if you did this recently)? I can see this month there is a downward pattern emerging. I was hoping for $2.5 but that may be a little optimistic
Can't help there I'm afraid as I changed Euros not Sterling. Can tell you that by waiting an extra day we made quite a bit extra cause the rate was so good.

Trish

Last edited by scrum; Aug 28th 2007 at 1:25 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AJG

There was a bit of a blip over the past week or so with the exchange rate, it was the best it's been for over a year, at just over $2.50. Just a few weeks ago it was only $2.38.

It's always a gamble as to when the best time to change over is - you're best just doing it when you need it and not looking again
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:52 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

We've just got back from Aus, used nationwide debit/credit cards and got rates varying from 2.387 to 2.534 so it's possible but where from I couldn't say.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:06 am
AJG
Just Joined

Those Nationwide rates seem okay. Will have to get one of their cards before i leave
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:12 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AJG
Those Nationwide rates seem okay. Will have to get one of their cards before i leave
We went with Nationwide when Which? Money recommended them for cash withdrawals abroad.... then last year, when we were in Egypt, we used the it and another card and realised that we got a significantly better rates with nationwide as well as not being charged for cash withdrawal!! So we got a credit card too!!

I have to say that switching to Nationwide was one of my better decisions!!!

Ali x
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:28 pm
AJG
Just Joined

Well i have applied for an account. Hope their debit card is visa or mastercard. As i am now officially unemployed i messed up a little bit as i will be very restricted on what i can get.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Edwards family is an unknown quantity at this point

We recently bought dollars at an exchange rate of 2.46 please tell me that everyone thinks this is good. I exchanged all our house money!!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:31 pm
Ping pong PoM

yeah, nationwide debit card is VISA... Didn't think through your resignation then!!!

Ali
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:38 pm
Ping pong PoM

that exchange rate sounds OK to me... I'm no expert, though!

Who did you use?
Old Aug 30th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Edwards family is an unknown quantity at this point

HiFX
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Edwards family
HiFX
Yep we used HiFX as well, fortunate that we didn't need our money straight away, so asked them to call us when the rate reached 2.5, which they did and we traded straight away a couple of weeks ago. Money went through within 2 days without any problems at all, (even though the in-laws did tell us that we shouldn't trust strangers and they could run off with our money!!!, old people eh!!).
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I have used money corp several times now and always found them to give a good rate and be very proffesional :

www.moneycorp.com