Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

money a closed subject?

money a closed subject?

Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:36 pm
patrickgoldsmith

patrickgoldsmith is on a distinguished road
Default money a closed subject?

o.k i am frustrated and its plain to see why, basically there is a natural aversion in every walk of life to talk about money. I don,t want to broadcast my financial situation and i am sure you don,t want to broadcast yours problem is considering moving to aus is a big deal, and as with all big deals the primary question is "can we afford it!!" "do we have enough behind us?"
"would we be relatively poor in the new aus social scale?".
I really don,t know the answers so if your a little shy just p.m me tell me your story, how and why you made or are making the move, are you comfortable with your financial possibilities and above all lets talk about money at the moment its the biggest question for me, and i have searched the posts yet not found anybody who has give an example of their finances.
How much did you leave the u.k with and was it enough??.
if you find this a rude request you can tell me that, but remember this is a huge step for a familly man at my age (35) and i just don,t wanna end up poor in a new country. If you are capable through experience of assessing my financial situation and giving advice please request and i will p,m to you,
Thank you all
Patrick
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:43 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: money a closed subject?

Originally Posted by patrickgoldsmith
o.k i am frustrated and its plain to see why, basically there is a natural aversion in every walk of life to talk about money. I don,t want to broadcast my financial situation and i am sure you don,t want to broadcast yours problem is considering moving to aus is a big deal, and as with all big deals the primary question is "can we afford it!!" "do we have enough behind us?"
"would we be relatively poor in the new aus social scale?".
I really don,t know the answers so if your a little shy just p.m me tell me your story, how and why you made or are making the move, are you comfortable with your financial possibilities and above all lets talk about money at the moment its the biggest question for me, and i have searched the posts yet not found anybody who has give an example of their finances.
How much did you leave the u.k with and was it enough??.
if you find this a rude request you can tell me that, but remember this is a huge step for a familly man at my age (35) and i just don,t wanna end up poor in a new country. If you are capable through experience of assessing my financial situation and giving advice please request and i will p,m to you,
Thank you all
Patrick
Your current net worth relative to the cost of re-locating will tell you if you can afford to re-locate. Your expected net cash flow after re-location will tell you if you will then be poor.

This thread contains a spreadsheet which will help you work out the minimum income you will need to achieve a sufficiently positive cash flow to achieve your required net worth:

Whole Of Life Finances SpreadSheet

Here is the latest version of the spreadsheet:

Whole Of Life Finances 4.zip
Old Mar 20th 2005, 11:19 pm
patrickgoldsmith

patrickgoldsmith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: money a closed subject?

Thank u will read now
Patrick