money

Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

saleems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default money

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...-you-leave.htm

i read this page, and it says that: The country you leave may limit the cash you take out. You must also declare large sums of overseas currency at customs when you arrive.

what does this means? do i have to show any money/proof of funds, just like canadian immigration? and how much?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:46 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: money

Originally Posted by saleems View Post
http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...-you-leave.htm

i read this page, and it says that: The country you leave may limit the cash you take out. You must also declare large sums of overseas currency at customs when you arrive.

what does this means? do i have to show any money/proof of funds, just like canadian immigration? and how much?
It is usually amounts of $10000+, but they maybe interested in any large sums you happen to be carrying.
Anyway, why take the risk and carry large sums of money on your person?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

saleems is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloke

sorry i didnt get your point? you mean to say that i have to show $10000+ at my first entry to Australia? but its nowhere written on immigration website.
and in what form i have to show this money? bank statements/cash/traveller's cheque???
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:33 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saleems View Post
Bloke

sorry i didnt get your point? you mean to say that i have to show $10000+ at my first entry to Australia? but its nowhere written on immigration website.
and in what form i have to show this money? bank statements/cash/traveller's cheque???
No, you have to declare if you are carrying more than $10k in physical hard cash on your person. If your not then you don't have to declare anything. Its to monitor people bringing in large dubious amounts of cash is all. Your fine carrying cards, cheques, whatever. Its just cash they are interested in.

Other than that, immigration and customs don't want to know anything at all about your finances on arrival.