Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A moment of realisation

A moment of realisation

Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:19 am
Checkin' the world out.

nixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nice
Default A moment of realisation

Just read yet another thread from Dotty, Wilf et. al. Yawn yawn. So, this entire forum, and it's title, says it all. BRITISH EXPATS. No wonder I'm looking for a different angle on life. Whinging, whining, miserable bloody poms who can't undo that umbilical cord for more than 30 seconds without a compare and contrast moan about all and sundry. Maybe we should all 'emigrate' to the costas and have a fried brekky every morning, bitch about the locals not understanding us, then get plastered and wreck anything in sight? National stereotypes - what do you expect!

Well i'm bored shitless and off down under. I'll bother looking at this forum again one fine day when I need it, otherwise for pure good old fashioned english put-down entertainment, it's had it's time - and mine. 2 years ago an invaluable resource, now a positive encouragement to get gone.

Here come the verbal assaults, help yourselves.

Ta-ra

Nixstuff
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A moment of realisation

another one gone ..............
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:44 am
Badge

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
another one gone ..............
its true - I refuse to go shopping on Saturdays now or use public transport because every single conversation I overhear from a Brit is negative or whining!!

"she said to me, and I turned around and said to her..(lengthy discourse on the current person they not too keen on)"
"he was out of order..she's a bitch..etc"
"look what I've got money money etc"
"dont know if I could do that - know what I mean?"

nothing but whinging!! oneupmanship etc

It must be so bizarre for a Kiwi or an Aussie to hear so little confidence in this little isle of ours when they come over! It killed me when I first came back..I'd shake my head in disbelief when I first got on trains and buses..I go in to the Walkabout bars to get my fix of positivism and happy smiling people..

badgers

Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

markrstacey is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nixstuff
Just read yet another thread from Dotty, Wilf et. al. Yawn yawn. So, this entire forum, and it's title, says it all. BRITISH EXPATS. No wonder I'm looking for a different angle on life. Whinging, whining, miserable bloody poms who can't undo that umbilical cord for more than 30 seconds without a compare and contrast moan about all and sundry.

No verbals from me. Too much whinging, you're right. I wonder if we've been more cheerful this year? Had better weather anyway.

And yes, why do us poms go abroad and then complain that we can't get a Sunday lunch like at home? We should celebrate the differences and enjoy pasta, paella or pecan pie instead...

Cheers,
Mark
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:27 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nixstuff
Just read yet another thread from Dotty, Wilf et. al. Yawn yawn. So, this entire forum, and it's title, says it all. BRITISH EXPATS. No wonder I'm looking for a different angle on life. Whinging, whining, miserable bloody poms who can't undo that umbilical cord for more than 30 seconds without a compare and contrast moan about all and sundry. Maybe we should all 'emigrate' to the costas and have a fried brekky every morning, bitch about the locals not understanding us, then get plastered and wreck anything in sight? National stereotypes - what do you expect!

Well i'm bored shitless and off down under. I'll bother looking at this forum again one fine day when I need it, otherwise for pure good old fashioned english put-down entertainment, it's had it's time - and mine. 2 years ago an invaluable resource, now a positive encouragement to get gone.

Ta-ra

Nixstuff
Back to dreaming then , out of the whole planet you see no farther than the arse end , good luck.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:31 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
nothing but whinging!! oneupmanship etc

It must be so bizarre for a Kiwi or an Aussie to hear so little confidence in this little isle of ours when they come over! It killed me when I first came back..I'd shake my head in disbelief when I first got on trains and buses..I go in to the Walkabout bars to get my fix of positivism and happy smiling people..

badgers
You are clueless , the Aussies beat us at whinging hands down.

Old excuses for problems

IT is almost an inevitable conclusion that whenever we hear of robberies, bashings, rape, antisocial behaviour and car chases, the first thought is: "Were the offenders Aboriginals?"

More often than not, this is the case. The situation is now seriously out of control. Yet we keep hearing the same old worn out irrelevant excuses from Aboriginal agencies - disadvantage, 200 years of oppression, racism and so on.

Whenever Aboriginals are criticised, their leaders label it a racist act. But the overwhelming majority of people want Aboriginal people to stand on their own feet and become useful and productive members of society.

City-dwelling Aboriginals have access to the same facilities as the rest of us to become educated and trained in the skills to carry them through life. They also have access to an army of government and other agencies with vast amounts of money, all of which is unavailable to the remaining 97 per cent of the population.

If that isn't a system of apartheid, then I don't know what is.

Aboriginal elders quite rightly throw their hands up in despair when they see the direction that their culture is heading.

All we get is politically-correct nonsense and end up with more and more Aboriginal children dying from their lifestyle or ending up on a merry-go-round of incarceration.

Aboriginals can break the cycle of crime but they alone must want to do it first before it gets much worse. Respect, like any other quality, has to be earned not demanded.

JEFF BUTLER, Leschenault.

A 12-YEAR-OLD boy killed in a high speed car chase. An elderly couple viciously bashed and robbed in their own home. A defenceless animal weighed down with concrete and drowned in a backyard swimming pool. And all this in just one day. The big man upstairs must be looking down and wondering where it all went wrong.

EMMA BODIN, Bibra Lake.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:20 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You are clueless , the Aussies beat us at whinging hands down.

Old excuses for problems

IT is almost an inevitable conclusion that whenever we hear of robberies, bashings, rape, antisocial behaviour and car chases, the first thought is: "Were the offenders Aboriginals?"

More often than not, this is the case. The situation is now seriously out of control. Yet we keep hearing the same old worn out irrelevant excuses from Aboriginal agencies - disadvantage, 200 years of oppression, racism and so on.

Whenever Aboriginals are criticised, their leaders label it a racist act. But the overwhelming majority of people want Aboriginal people to stand on their own feet and become useful and productive members of society.

City-dwelling Aboriginals have access to the same facilities as the rest of us to become educated and trained in the skills to carry them through life. They also have access to an army of government and other agencies with vast amounts of money, all of which is unavailable to the remaining 97 per cent of the population.

If that isn't a system of apartheid, then I don't know what is.

Aboriginal elders quite rightly throw their hands up in despair when they see the direction that their culture is heading.

All we get is politically-correct nonsense and end up with more and more Aboriginal children dying from their lifestyle or ending up on a merry-go-round of incarceration.

Aboriginals can break the cycle of crime but they alone must want to do it first before it gets much worse. Respect, like any other quality, has to be earned not demanded.

JEFF BUTLER, Leschenault.

A 12-YEAR-OLD boy killed in a high speed car chase. An elderly couple viciously bashed and robbed in their own home. A defenceless animal weighed down with concrete and drowned in a backyard swimming pool. And all this in just one day. The big man upstairs must be looking down and wondering where it all went wrong.

EMMA BODIN, Bibra Lake.
Had hoped for better from you after 9? years of practice as a whinging pommie bastard.

whinge:
v. To whinge can best be described as to whine. Likewise, someone particularly partial to whinging is known as a whinger.

whine:
v. intr.
1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

v. tr.
To utter with a whine.

com·plain
intr.v.
1. To express feelings of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
2. To make a formal accusation or bring a formal charge.

The distinction is that whinging is petulant childish complaint. "Unloading" rather than seeking redress or resolution.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Ta-ra

Nixstuff

Keep posting and just ignore all of the c**p. That is the easiest thing to do. Scroll over anything titled by anyone who irritates you- if you don't read it you wont get wound up.

They will never stop posting, but if you just ignore what they say it will make no difference to your outlook will it?
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:06 am
Banned

Originally posted by tinaj
Keep posting and just ignore all of the c**p. That is the easiest thing to do. Scroll over anything titled by anyone who irritates you- if you don't read it you wont get wound up.

They will never stop posting, but if you just ignore what they say it will make no difference to your outlook will it?
How very wise if you ignore all the crap whats left on the forum ,for a start your posts would be left unread and who's is to decide what is crap , will you or some one apointed by you do this service, can anyone apply.
Could the truth be crap or is the crap truth , its all far to hard for me so I will be guided by your good taste in crap.

Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Aussies whinge FAR more than Brits do.

As for "One Upmanship" - Hey Welcome to Australia where you will work yourself into the dusty red earth to be better than your neighbours (at anything).

In the tradition of sweeping statements at which I excel :

I have NEVER met more competitve people EVER ANYWHERE.

Anyway ta ra for now. No doubt you will reappear in a different reincarnation as Suzanne Crabtree did, and who now keeps us all awake at night wondering, fretting and conjecturing who she is now.

Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

How very wise if you ignore all the crap whats left on the forum ,for a start your posts would be left unread and who's is to decide what is crap , will you or some one apointed by you do this service, can anyone apply.
Could the truth be crap or is the crap truth , its all far to hard for me so I will be guided by your good taste in crap.

Crap is when someone totally goes off topic and hijacks a thread just to live up to the reputation they have created for themselves.

Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:21 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Sunlover
Aussies whinge FAR more than Brits do.

As for "One Upmanship" - Hey Welcome to Australia where you will work yourself into the dusty red earth to be better than your neighbours (at anything).

In the tradition of sweeping statements at which I excel :

I have NEVER met more competitve people EVER ANYWHERE.

Anyway ta ra for now. No doubt you will reappear in a different reincarnation as Suzanne Crabtree did, and who now keeps us all awake at night wondering, fretting and conjecturing who she is now.

A not too rotten whinge but plenty of room left for improvement.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Ta-ra

Nixstuff

Don't take things too seriously or you will miss out on one of the best jokes in life - oneself.

Two pieces of advice for you:

1. Don't just get out into the world, sit there.
2. ALWAYS go back.

All the best nichola

Wilf
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:48 am
Banned

Originally posted by h garrett
Crap is when someone totally goes off topic and hijacks a thread just to live up to the reputation they have created for themselves.

Got it if a poster rambles on about the beach and Sunny days ( its pissing it down again today in WA) best to let them unload their waste product and not bring in a bit of real debate.

Old Aug 21st 2003, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Got it if a poster rambles on about the beach and Sunny days ( its pissing it down again today in WA) best to let them unload their waste product and not bring in a bit of real debate.

Crap to some is anything they dont want to hear. Truth is beach and sunny days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.