Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moggill, Belbowrie, Kenmore Schools

Moggill, Belbowrie, Kenmore Schools

Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice
Default Moggill, Belbowrie, Kenmore Schools

More help required. I know schools are a big subject but you can never really find the answer. So I thought I would ask and hope you can help me

We are hoping to move to brisbane next year (if I get the job) We are sort of flexible where we want to live, however, we would rather live on the outskirt of Brisbane. After some searching it appears Belbowrie or Moggill seems our sort of area.

We have 3 children, 18 months, 8 and 16. My 16 year son who will need to compleat year 11 and 12 is very good at sport. We are therefore looking for a school that specializes more in sport. He mainly play's Water Polo and Soccer along with Rugby. I have looked at Moggill State School website but it does not give the impression it play's much sport. Kenmore does appear to play Soccer but if we lived in Belbowrie could we still send our son to Kenmore and how practical (transport) would that be

Cheers
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moggill, Belbowrie, Kenmore Schools

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
More help required. I know schools are a big subject but you can never really find the answer. So I thought I would ask and hope you can help me

We are hoping to move to brisbane next year (if I get the job) We are sort of flexible where we want to live, however, we would rather live on the outskirt of Brisbane. After some searching it appears Belbowrie or Moggill seems our sort of area.

We have 3 children, 18 months, 8 and 16. My 16 year son who will need to compleat year 11 and 12 is very good at sport. We are therefore looking for a school that specializes more in sport. He mainly play's Water Polo and Soccer along with Rugby. I have looked at Moggill State School website but it does not give the impression it play's much sport. Kenmore does appear to play Soccer but if we lived in Belbowrie could we still send our son to Kenmore and how practical (transport) would that be

Cheers
I wouldn't worry too much about whether the schools play the sports your after as there will always be clubs within the area. I believe most kids play for organised clubs outside of school with excellent facilities etc.
Lots of football clubs and rugby too. Don't know about water polo but will bet there is one as its sports mad here.

Ps. Noticed you have gone off the idea of logan and moved onto these areas. Bit of a difference mate, big difference in house prices.
Kenmores nice but very expensive, also ups its own arse a bit too.
Huge amounts of traffic down the moggil road, its all swings and roundabouts mate.
My advice would be come over, rent somewhere central for 3 months and spend all your free time driving round areas and doing research before you commit, keep an open mind as there are some great suburbs out there and some real bad ones...

Sean
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi

We live in Brookfield and our daughter aged 16 goes to Kenmore High School. It is quite a good school and they do alot of sport. Moggill is in the catchment of the school as is Bellebowrie and they do have buses to transport the children from these areas. If your son would like to talk to my daughter send me a message and maybe they can talk on MSN or facebook and she can tell him more about the school. When are you hoping to come over here? The areas you are thinking of living in are nice and you should be able to find something you like.

Janet x
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

Kenmore State High School is in the top 4 state schools in Queensland. Our daughter (13) goes there and travels on a free bus from Bellbowrie to Kenmore which takes about 30mins picking up the kids enroute. This is paid for by the state as long as you have a PR visa.
It's a very sports orientated school covering most sports at national level to Olympic level.
There is a catchment area because it's a very popular school so double check where you want to live.
Bellbowrie, Moggill, Pullenvale, Brookfield, & Kenmore are nice areas but can be expensive so checkout realestate.com.au for prices.
Moggill primary school is where our two other girls go and seems very nice. The girls love it and have fitted in very well, it's just across the road from where we live (Bellbowrie).
Houses vary greatly in price and size. Expect to pay about $500.000 upwards for a 4 bed, 2 bath, media room, family room, study and pool. You'll pay alot more depending on where it is and land size. Don't pay the asking price, check how long it's been on the market, our house had been on for 6wks at $525.000, we paid $30.000 less. NEVER pay the asking price always haggle, it's the Australian way.
I'm based in Ipswich and it takes me about 20mins via Mt Crosby road to get there. Brisbane CBD depending on time of day can take 30 mins or 90 mins. there's really only two way's to go, Moggill road towards Toowoong or the ferry across the river and Ipswich motorway. Both can get very busy and there's a fare number of road works at present.
The way I go is lovely up and over Mt Crosby, never any traffic and lovely views, till you get to Ipswich that is

If you need any more indepth info PM me and we'll talk more.

Good luck and if you need any pointers re the interview let me know.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa

Cheers

Paraken's spot on.

I've got two kids at Moggill SS; goes from prep up to year 7, so your oldest son would be looking at Kenmore for years 11 and 12. Its teh only state senior school in the area and as Paraken says it has a good reputation. There plenty of choice available if you want to go down the fee paying route, and kids tend to be bused to school. My eldest is off to Ipswich Grammar after the Xmas hols, going onto year six, so a couple of years early. Very sporty boys school, exactly what he needs.

Kemore Sports Club offers all of the sports your after, Bellbowrie Sports Club for soccer and cricket. Karana Downs has a rugby ream also.