Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moe and more irrelevant post's being posted

Moe and more irrelevant post's being posted

Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:01 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RichS
Nobody has ever accused me of being relevant !!

Young fella you are a hairs breadth away from another exciting update on my detox campaign and its impact on storm drainage.
The surfers have been complaining the toilet bowl at Maroubra Beach is back to its old self.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Dave234
A community? not really in my opinion

So tell me Dave (she says in Dr Phil mode) ...whats your perception of a community?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by RichS
Nobody has ever accused me of being relevant !!

Young fella you are a hairs breadth away from another exciting update on my detox campaign and its impact on storm drainage.
Keep us updated its threads like this that keep morale up
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Dave234,
I deeply apologise for being the cause of a Happy Birthday thread, but as the post has stuffed up and all my cards and pressies are still in the UK, it cheered up my first birthday down under........
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:46 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Dear Dave234,
I deeply apologise for being the cause of a Happy Birthday thread, but as the post has stuffed up and all my cards and pressies are still in the UK, it cheered up my first birthday down under........
Belated happy birthday Pollyana
(said crossy in thread hijacking mode)
Old Jan 14th 2004, 8:04 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Pollyana
Dear Dave234,
Many Happy returns Polly

Old Jan 14th 2004, 8:08 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree that it is a virtual community. i use another BB that has more of a community feel to it but then most of the members are in the same country which makes meeting up that bit easier. that is not to say that peeps here dont meet as it is clear that they do.

its also obvious of clear relationships and freindships that exist on here as well. if thats not a community i dont know what it is.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moe and more irrelevant post's being posted

Is it just me or do people think that this website is becoming less and less to do with emigration and that such posts such as people's birthdays and footie at the weekend are becoming more common?
I actually post my immigration questions on the immigration board. Use this board for keeping up to date with my ex pat mates
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Poor old Polly - its not your fault. Hope you had a great birthday.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I do the same - the serious side of immigration goes on the other board. This one is for useful day-to-day life stuff, and for keeping up each others spirits, as far as I see it.

I was lucky, and I know it, have a class of visa that is very quick to process; I can't imagine the stress that some of you go through waiting months or even years. The knowledge that people here can identify with that longing to be in Oz or NZ, and also have some idea how awful the waiting is - thats what helps. And buried amongst all the silliness there are real friendships, and like all mates we help each other out - either with useful info, or just by making each other laugh and relax.

Dave234 - I'm curious, how long have you been waiting and for what visa? How stressed is the process for you?

Pollyana

P S And thanks to everyone for your birthday wishes - the support is as valuable now I'm here as it was in the UK.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Polly, I agree with most of what you have said. Some of the people that I have got to know on this forum have come to be like real friends - I call them my cyber pals

I have had a lot of help from loads of people on questions that I needed answered. Remember - it does not end with what is on the board - we all PM each other as well.

Maybe in time Dave you will also be addicted to this forum
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I am dreadful for not replying to PMs...i forget all about them... i am sure some people have been very pissed off with me not replying, so i appolgise publicly.
I seriously do have a memory problem, drives my family nuts!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:15 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it just me or do people think that this website is becoming less and less to do with emigration and that such posts such as people's birthdays and footie at the weekend are becoming more common?

quick ..the gastapos' in!:scared:

Perhaps you would be more suited to a sterile conformist site where noone dares to express personal opinion, show emotion or heaven forbid wish a very kind and pleasant lady Happy Birthday..and you want to emigrate? Stay here it suits you sir
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Stay here it suits you sir
Or simply shift over to the immigration forum where even smilies are banned.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 2:02 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by bundy
Or simply shift over to the immigration forum where even smilies are banned.

lol yeah i noticed that too!!

but don't tell anyone who goes there, they do take things seriously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.