MODL question.

Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:20 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Elsie's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 30
Elsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MODL question.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but have found many of the messages here very useful - So thanks!

I have recently sent off my PR application under the skilled independent category. I'm aware that IT is no longer on the fast track, but am confused as to whether having an MODL nomination will still speed up the process.

Has anyone else applied with SAP as MODL after IT was removed from the fast track?

thanks in advance for your replies, and apologies if this has been asked before.

Elsie.
Elsie is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:22 am
  #2  
(It's not my real name)
 
renth's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Ilukapool. WA
Posts: 12,466
renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MODL question.

Originally posted by Elsie:
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but have found many of the messages here very useful - So thanks!

I have recently sent off my PR application under the skilled independent category. I'm aware that IT is no longer on the fast track, but am confused as to whether having an MODL nomination will still speed up the process.

Has anyone else applied with SAP as MODL after IT was removed from the fast track?

thanks in advance for your replies, and apologies if this has been asked before.

Elsie.
MODL won't speed the process up, only give you the extra points.

Good luck,
renth is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:49 am
  #3  
Ex Mod (2002-2005)
 
ptlabs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: NSW
Posts: 5,464
ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MODL question.

Elsie,

Having a nominated occupation that is also on the MODL does nothing to speed up your application. The MODL and the list of occupations (currently containing only 1 occupation if I'm not mistaken) on priority processing are separate lists.

Some side-effects of the removal of all ICT occupations from the MODL that you may want to be aware of:

1) MODL points are awarded at the time your application is assessed (as compared to most other points that are tied in to your application date)

2) ICT occupations now "enjoy" the regular 50-week estimated processing times.

3) When points (1) and (2) are looked at together, you will notice that as the MODL is modified every now and then, you may find that if your nominated occupation is no longer on the MODL when your application is assessed, you will "lose" the 5 bonus points (in theory, they were never awarded to begin with).

Peter

Originally posted by Elsie:
I'm aware that IT is no longer on the fast track, but am confused as to whether having an MODL nomination will still speed up the process.
ptlabs is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2002, 7:59 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Elsie's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 30
Elsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MODL question.

Originally posted by ptlabs:
Elsie,

Having a nominated occupation that is also on the MODL does nothing to speed up your application. The MODL and the list of occupations (currently containing only 1 occupation if I'm not mistaken) on priority processing are separate lists.

Some side-effects of the removal of all ICT occupations from the MODL that you may want to be aware of:

1) MODL points are awarded at the time your application is assessed (as compared to most other points that are tied in to your application date)

2) ICT occupations now "enjoy" the regular 50-week estimated processing times.

3) When points (1) and (2) are looked at together, you will notice that as the MODL is modified every now and then, you may find that if your nominated occupation is no longer on the MODL when your application is assessed, you will "lose" the 5 bonus points (in theory, they were never awarded to begin with).

Peter
Hi Ptlabs & Renth,

thanks for your prompt replies; I guess I'll just have to be patient!

Cheers.
Elsie is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2002, 9:36 am
  #5  
Ex Mod (2002-2005)
 
ptlabs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: NSW
Posts: 5,464
ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MODL question.

My apologies. Typo detected, should be this instead (correction in bold):

Some side-effects of the removal of all ICT occupations from the Minister's List of Occupations for Priority Processing that you may want to be aware of:


Peter

Originally posted by ptlabs:
Some side-effects of the removal of all ICT occupations from the MODL that you may want to be aware of:
ptlabs is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:41 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
poggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Parkdale/Melbourne
Posts: 277
poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MODL question.

Originally posted by ptlabs:
Elsie,

Having a nominated occupation that is also on the MODL does nothing to speed up your application. The MODL and the list of occupations (currently containing only 1 occupation if I'm not mistaken) on priority processing are separate lists.

Some side-effects of the removal of all ICT occupations from the MODL that you may want to be aware of:

1) MODL points are awarded at the time your application is assessed (as compared to most other points that are tied in to your application date)

2) ICT occupations now "enjoy" the regular 50-week estimated processing times.

3) When points (1) and (2) are looked at together, you will notice that as the MODL is modified every now and then, you may find that if your nominated occupation is no longer on the MODL when your application is assessed, you will "lose" the 5 bonus points (in theory, they were never awarded to begin with).

Peter

Hi Peter and All!

Following on from Elsie's Question, can you or anyone help with this. Does being in an occupation that is on the MODL and having a job offer in writing, which was sent in with application, help at all with speeding up the processing time? I Check austimeline regularly and there doesn't seem to be hardly anyone with a job offer! im now worried that instead of this being a help it may hinderence?

Is there anyone else out there applying under skilled ind. with a job offer???

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers! and thanks Kaff xx
poggle is offline  
Old Sep 14th 2002, 6:18 am
  #7  
Jaj
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: MODL question.

Not sure if having MODL + a job offer helps with processing time. Your employer could
always ask nicely, though.

The alternative is for your employer to sponsor you for a work permit (457 visa) in
the meantime.

Jeremy

    >On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:41:23 +0000, poggle <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi Peter and All!
    > Following on from Elsie's Question, can you or anyone help with this. Does being
    > in an occupation that is on the MODL and having a job offer in writing, which was
    > sent in with application, help at all with speeding up the processing time? I
    > Check austimeline regularly and there doesn't seem to be hardly anyone with a job
    > offer! im now worried that instead of this being a help it may hinderence?
    >Is there anyone else out there applying under skilled ind. with a job offer???
    >Any advice appreciated!
    >Cheers! and thanks Kaff xx
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.