MODL question.

Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Elsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MODL question.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but have found many of the messages here very useful - So thanks!

I have recently sent off my PR application under the skilled independent category. I'm aware that IT is no longer on the fast track, but am confused as to whether having an MODL nomination will still speed up the process.

Has anyone else applied with SAP as MODL after IT was removed from the fast track?

thanks in advance for your replies, and apologies if this has been asked before.

Elsie.
Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MODL question.

Originally posted by Elsie:
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but have found many of the messages here very useful - So thanks!

I have recently sent off my PR application under the skilled independent category. I'm aware that IT is no longer on the fast track, but am confused as to whether having an MODL nomination will still speed up the process.

Has anyone else applied with SAP as MODL after IT was removed from the fast track?

thanks in advance for your replies, and apologies if this has been asked before.

Elsie.
MODL won't speed the process up, only give you the extra points.

Good luck,
Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:49 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Elsie,

Having a nominated occupation that is also on the MODL does nothing to speed up your application. The MODL and the list of occupations (currently containing only 1 occupation if I'm not mistaken) on priority processing are separate lists.

Some side-effects of the removal of all ICT occupations from the MODL that you may want to be aware of:

1) MODL points are awarded at the time your application is assessed (as compared to most other points that are tied in to your application date)

2) ICT occupations now "enjoy" the regular 50-week estimated processing times.

3) When points (1) and (2) are looked at together, you will notice that as the MODL is modified every now and then, you may find that if your nominated occupation is no longer on the MODL when your application is assessed, you will "lose" the 5 bonus points (in theory, they were never awarded to begin with).

Peter

Originally posted by Elsie:
I'm aware that IT is no longer on the fast track, but am confused as to whether having an MODL nomination will still speed up the process.
Old Sep 13th 2002, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Elsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs:
Elsie,

Having a nominated occupation that is also on the MODL does nothing to speed up your application. The MODL and the list of occupations (currently containing only 1 occupation if I'm not mistaken) on priority processing are separate lists.

Some side-effects of the removal of all ICT occupations from the MODL that you may want to be aware of:

1) MODL points are awarded at the time your application is assessed (as compared to most other points that are tied in to your application date)

3) When points (1) and (2) are looked at together, you will notice that as the MODL is modified every now and then, you may find that if your nominated occupation is no longer on the MODL when your application is assessed, you will "lose" the 5 bonus points (in theory, they were never awarded to begin with).

Peter
Hi Ptlabs & Renth,

thanks for your prompt replies; I guess I'll just have to be patient!

Cheers.
Old Sep 13th 2002, 9:36 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies. Typo detected, should be this instead (correction in bold):

Some side-effects of the removal of all ICT occupations from the Minister's List of Occupations for Priority Processing that you may want to be aware of:

Peter

Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Elsie,

Peter

Hi Peter and All!

Following on from Elsie's Question, can you or anyone help with this. Does being in an occupation that is on the MODL and having a job offer in writing, which was sent in with application, help at all with speeding up the processing time? I Check austimeline regularly and there doesn't seem to be hardly anyone with a job offer! im now worried that instead of this being a help it may hinderence?

Is there anyone else out there applying under skilled ind. with a job offer???

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers! and thanks Kaff xx
Old Sep 14th 2002, 6:18 am
Jaj

Not sure if having MODL + a job offer helps with processing time. Your employer could
always ask nicely, though.

The alternative is for your employer to sponsor you for a work permit (457 visa) in
the meantime.

Jeremy

>On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:41:23 +0000, poggle <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi Peter and All!
    > Following on from Elsie's Question, can you or anyone help with this. Does being
    > in an occupation that is on the MODL and having a job offer in writing, which was
    > sent in with application, help at all with speeding up the processing time? I
    > Check austimeline regularly and there doesn't seem to be hardly anyone with a job
    > offer! im now worried that instead of this being a help it may hinderence?
    >Is there anyone else out there applying under skilled ind. with a job offer???
    >Any advice appreciated!
    >Cheers! and thanks Kaff xx
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com