Modl

Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

tigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to all
Default Modl

Hi everyone just wondered if anybody knows but our application was acknowledged a couple of weeks ago we're going on the 137 as my husband didn't have enough points for the 136, but today his occupation came up on the new modl list does this make any difference now the extra 15 points to our application as he's already received sponsorship.
Any feedback would be great.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Modl

Originally Posted by tigerrav
Hi everyone just wondered if anybody knows but our application was acknowledged a couple of weeks ago we're going on the 137 as my husband didn't have enough points for the 136, but today his occupation came up on the new modl list does this make any difference now the extra 15 points to our application as he's already received sponsorship.
Hi tigerrav,

Please don't take this is as gospel cause i am going by memory but I don't think they will. As far as I remember, it's the points that you have when your application is received. Maybe someone can verify.

Cheers
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Hi tigerrav,

Please don't take this is as gospel cause i am going by memory but I don't think they will. As far as I remember, it's the points that you have when your application is received. Maybe someone can verify.

Cheers
Some can be changed, but I'm not sure which ones.

Maybe a post in the immigration forum would be an idea
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:42 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

In short, you may find you no longer need the State Nomination as the extra 15 points might be sufficient as to enable you to attain the 136 visa points passmark.

The only real downside of having a State Nomination though is that you are obliged to remain in the Nominating State for 2 years after your move ... if that isn't an issue for you I'd not be unduly concerned.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by tigerrav
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
In short, you may find you no longer need the State Nomination as the extra 15 points might be sufficient as to enable you to attain the 136 visa points passmark.

The only real downside of having a State Nomination though is that you are obliged to remain in the Nominating State for 2 years after your move ... if that isn't an issue for you I'd not be unduly concerned.

Best regards.
Just out of interest Alan, how do people change their visa class. I'm sure this question will come up quite a lot in the next few days
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:57 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy.

A bit of background (apologies if this tells you something you know already).

Technically when you apply for a visa you apply under a visa Class. Within each visa Class there will be one or more visa Subclasses.

So Class BN is Skilled Independent. Within Class BN there are subclass numbers 136 (Skilled Independent) and 137 (the Skilled - State/Territory Nominated Independent visa).

Class BQ is Skilled - Australian Sponsored, within which are subclass numbers 138 and 139.

When a visa application is assessed by a DIMA case officer s/he has to look at all subclasses within the visa Class under which you have applied. An application for a 139 visa can therefore also be considered under the requirements of a 138.

In the case of an application for a State Nominated 137 visa the case officer can also look at the 136 visa, but usually (in my experience) will not do so where the State Nomination has already been confirmed by the Nominating State.

Note also that because an application is made under a visa Class you cannot move from (say) a 138 visa to a 136 if you now find you can claim MODL points.

Does this help?

Best regards.

Originally Posted by WendyC
Just out of interest Alan, how do people change their visa class. I'm sure this question will come up quite a lot in the next few days
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Wendy.

A bit of background (apologies if this tells you something you know already).

Technically when you apply for a visa you apply under a visa Class. Within each visa Class there will be one or more visa Subclasses.

So Class BN is Skilled Independent. Within Class BN there are subclass numbers 136 (Skilled Independent) and 137 (the Skilled - State/Territory Nominated Independent visa).

Class BQ is Skilled - Australian Sponsored, within which are subclass numbers 138 and 139.

When a visa application is assessed by a DIMA case officer s/he has to look at all subclasses within the visa Class under which you have applied. An application for a 139 visa can therefore also be considered under the requirements of a 138.

In the case of an application for a State Nominated 137 visa the case officer can also look at the 136 visa, but usually (in my experience) will not do so where the State Nomination has already been confirmed by the Nominating State.

Note also that because an application is made under a visa Class you cannot move from (say) a 138 visa to a 136 if you now find you can claim MODL points.

Does this help?

Best regards.

Lovely.

I just know that it is going to get asked a lot and I will be able to point people to this thread.

I did try to look on the DIMA site but it keeps crashing on me when I try to open a PDF file for some reason.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:43 am
Just Joined

tigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to all

Best regards.
Thanks Alan, we're actually quite happy to be going to Victoria, we went over last year to have a butchers and loved it, so i think we'll just leave it as the 137 we get priorty processing anyway don't want to start delaying things by changing our visa class it's taken to years as it is and we've only got to stay a couple of years anyway.
Regards Rachael.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Will it make any difference if my non MODL 139, which is in Adelaide but waiting for acknowledgement, has just gone onto the MODL?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:16 am
Migration Agent

No, as the 139 visa is:

1. Already priority processed, and
2. Not points tested.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by john_w
Will it make any difference if my non MODL 139, which is in Adelaide but waiting for acknowledgement, has just gone onto the MODL?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

No, as the 139 visa is:

1. Already priority processed, and
2. Not points tested.

Best regards.
All these numbers confuse me. We were going under a SIR temp visa, app not sent yet, but just found out today that OH occupation has just been added to the modl. Obviously it is better to get the PR visa instead of the SIR temp, but what are the timescales for MODL processing and will I have to complete a new form? I have an agent but not got her number with me at work and want to know now. Impatient I know.

Please help

Tracey
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by teejay66
All these numbers confuse me. We were going under a SIR temp visa, app not sent yet, but just found out today that OH occupation has just been added to the modl. Obviously it is better to get the PR visa instead of the SIR temp, but what are the timescales for MODL processing and will I have to complete a new form? I have an agent but not got her number with me at work and want to know now. Impatient I know.

Please help

Tracey
If you have the points for a 136 Skilled Independant Visa, then go for it. They take around 6 months. Worth that extra bit of waiting for the security it gives IMO.

Ours was sent in on August 8th - Visa granted 4th January. (5 months)