Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Modest Australia

Wikiposts

Modest Australia

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:48 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Modest Australia

Originally Posted by GCS15
Umm, I am not sure about the US but here in Oz we have SBS (not sure what it stands for) and it shows lots of OS sport, the news has an OS focus.

SBS stands for Sex before Soccer, because they USED to show soccer until Foxtel got it. Now its Sex before (more) Sex
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:01 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by eatstatic

Before the usual defenders of Utopia rubbish me, what are other pom migrants impressions of this? Does it annoy you as well, or do you simply not care that the media seems as impartial about Australia as WombatIQ4point2?
Sometimes it got right on my nerves when I lived there but now I am away I understand it much more and why the hell not be proud of your own.

Can't say that of the British!

Merlot

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:23 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I will agree with your first point. Johnny howard has just returned from Europe waving the American flag. He is such an embarrasment. How could anyone vote for him is beyond me

Have you seen the alternatives?
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:26 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42
Hey Eatshitic,
AUSSIE , AUSSIE, AUSSIE, Oi , Oi , Oi ,
AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE, Oi, Oi, Oi
AUSSIE, Oi, AUSSIE Oi, AUSSIE Oi
Everything Aussie is best in the world.
Read an amusing article regarding the oi oi oi chant. It was by an Australian wondering why on earth they were using a variation something so crap the barmy army used to chant. They should learn a decent chant.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carl B
Really? You want to have a look at a Rugby League message board that I frequently visit. The biggest troll-fest I've ever seen.
You are talking about rugby league, the crappest sport on the planet.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

GCS15 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Modest Australia

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You are talking about rugby league, the crappest sport on the planet.
Boo to that post. C'mon the Bronco's! C'mon the Maroons!

I guess you haven't seen Oz-disc? Now that is .... well what can I say? Interesting?
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Boo to that post. C'mon the Bronco's! C'mon the Maroons!

I guess you haven't seen Oz-disc? Now that is .... well what can I say? Interesting?
How do you pronounce maroon?.

Rugby Union is the way, the sport of kings, thinking man's rugby. League is 26 men running into each other for 80mins. I don't get it.

Last edited by Amazulu; Feb 3rd 2005 at 10:55 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

How do you pronounce maroon?.

Rugby Union is the way, the sport of kings, thinking man's rugby. League is 26 men running into each other for 80mins. I don't get it.
C'mon the Red's! (except the muppet Wendel Sailor )

Maroon = mar roan (as in loan). Yeah I know that's not how its spelt but since when have things made sense?

Who won the League's world cup last?

Last edited by GCS15; Feb 3rd 2005 at 11:03 am. Reason: Voices in my head told me to
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

C'mon the Red's! (except you Wendel Sailor you muppet)

Maroon = mar roan (as in loan). Yeah I know that's not how its spelt but since when have things made sense?

Agree Sailor is a tw*t.

As for the League WC, who cares. The real WC was won by England unfortunately.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:14 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

What a day to be an Englishman!!!

Now if we could only win the WC in a real sport.........football!!!!

TT

Agree Sailor is a tw*t.

As for the League WC, who cares. The real WC was won by England unfortunately.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Modest Australia

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
What a day to be an Englishman!!!

Now if we could only win the WC in a real sport.........football!!!!

TT
Did you mean soccer?
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

C'mon the Red's! (except the muppet Wendel Sailor )

I miss the Maroon days of Wally, Alfie and Willy...Ohhh that bum!!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Did you mean soccer?
No definitely mean't Football.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:31 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I meant football (played with round ball and foot).......yes the dreaded "s" word!!!

Did you mean soccer?
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:56 am
Just Joined

GRADERMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Modest Australia

Originally Posted by Hels
I miss the Maroon days of Wally, Alfie and Willy...Ohhh that bum!!
the bum sniffers were good in those days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.