Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mobilephone question (vodafone)

mobilephone question (vodafone)

Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:32 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default mobilephone question (vodafone)

Hey guys, Im with vodafone in australia and I left mid january which obviously means that I havent used my aussie mobile since january...any idea whether I can still use my old sim / phonenumber when I get back in october ? Thanks everyone...
Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mobilephone question (vodafone)

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Hey guys, Im with vodafone in australia and I left mid january which obviously means that I havent used my aussie mobile since january...any idea whether I can still use my old sim / phonenumber when I get back in october ? Thanks everyone...
Yea, you can - just recharge it. I hadn't used mine since January - got back in July - just recharged and it worked fine.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:39 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yea, you can - just recharge it. I hadn't used mine since January - got back in July - just recharged and it worked fine.
wasnt it like they would cancell the whole thing after 6 months or so?
Old Sep 17th 2006, 12:04 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Are you able to recharge online, if so use that facility.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 12:27 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

wasnt it like they would cancell the whole thing after 6 months or so?
That was what I was lead to believe, yes - but it didn't turn out to be the case. If you're concerned do as The Bloke said and just recharge it online via the vodafone.com.au website
Old Sep 17th 2006, 12:48 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you do it within a year of your last re-charge the number remains valid. Leave it for 1 year+ 1 day and the number 'self destructs' as I found out last week when trying to re-charge the spare phone for the in-laws to use while they're here.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 6:27 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
As long as you do it within a year of your last re-charge the number remains valid. Leave it for 1 year+ 1 day and the number 'self destructs' as I found out last week when trying to re-charge the spare phone for the in-laws to use while they're here.

Same as the Uk!
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:32 am
Melbourne Rock City

ok, cool - thanks guys !!!