Reload this Page >

Mobile phones in Oz

Mobile phones in Oz

Old Feb 12th 2012, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Redwarf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile phones in Oz

Hi All,

Will UK mobile phones work in Australia if you put an Australian sim card in?

If we buy a decent phone here can we use it over there with no problems? Thinking of buying smart phone before we go.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mobile phones in Oz

Only if the phone is network free. And only certain handsets will work around the world.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Although I have found phone prices in OZ to be better than UK in some cases.

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-pho...mobile-phones/
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

We used our unlocked uk mobiles here for the first 18months. And if its a modern android get it unlocked there. but yes no problem. I was going to get my Sony Ericsson Android unlocked when we re-visited the UK, then they told me how much. Did`nt bother. But was probably cheaper than here.