mobile phones

Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mobile phones

We arrive in Brisbane in Feb and are wondering if it is worth us taking our mobiles with us?
Mine is an old Nokia 3310 on the orange network and my wifes is a more recent Nokia on O2.

Also, has anyone else used happy koala homes?
We are thinking of renting from them for the first six weeks.

Cheers,

Will.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I am taking my phone, but was wondering what network and sim card to use ? I think they do the same deals as over here, in Oz so mayve you could get a new one if you take out a contract.

I have heard of Happy Koala and someone on here has used them, I believe them to be quite priecy but good for what you need.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

You can use your 3310 here. I use virgin mobile www.virginmobile.com.au pay as you go. They are cheap and flexible.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I brought my phone over but was peeved to find that it had a sim block on it. Had to use an awful payg Sagem until I was eligible to get a fixed contract.

Try putting someone else's sim (from another provider) in your phone to see if works.

Maybe they've stopped blocking them since I left in 2000?
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Nokia 3310 too - it was on Orange pay as you go in the UK. When I first came over on holiday we put it on Optus perpaid with no problem, later changed it to Telstra - while keeping the same number as with Optus.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:58 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We had our Nokias unblocked before we came and are still using them on Optus network. Do a search for Koala Homes as we rented from them for the first 5 weeks when we arrived. They were very helpful. I have posted some comments about them in the past.

Dawn