Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone Unlocking N.Perth?

Mobile Phone Unlocking N.Perth?

Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mobile Phone Unlocking N.Perth?

Hi Guys
Having a nightmare trying to unlock my phone out here; I've been to several mobile shops and they've looked at me blankly, or like I'm some dodgy woman (Can't think why, it's legal if you haven't broken your contract).
So, does anyone know somewhere in North Perth where I can get my phone unlocked?
Ta
Larissa
Old Feb 14th 2005, 3:25 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice
Default Re: Mobile Phone Unlocking N.Perth?

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi Guys
Having a nightmare trying to unlock my phone out here; I've been to several mobile shops and they've looked at me blankly, or like I'm some dodgy woman (Can't think why, it's legal if you haven't broken your contract).
So, does anyone know somewhere in North Perth where I can get my phone unlocked?
Ta
Larissa
What sort of a phone do you have? I've had success using unlock code generating programs with some Nokias.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 7:15 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Hi Guys
Ta
Larissa

You can also do it on line, cant rememebr the name of the site but it only cost about 2 quid when I was in the UK.

slightly off topic but anyone know how I get a pound sign on this Aussie computer??
Old Feb 14th 2005, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Superior
Any phone shop should be able to do it. Perhaps they don't understand your accent?
Maybe they're just thick?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:26 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JayDeee
You can also do it on line, cant rememebr the name of the site but it only cost about 2 quid when I was in the UK.

slightly off topic but anyone know how I get a pound sign on this Aussie computer??
Jaydee

To get the pound sign on ...

Go into your control panel... select ( Date/Time/Language and Regional Options ).
Select ( Regional and Language Options )
Here you should be able to set the Region ( UK ) which should give you £'s when you are typing currency .

Give it a try...
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by C.Owen
Jaydee

Go into your control panel... select ( Date/Time/Language and Regional Options ).
Here you should be able to set the Region ( UK ) which should give you £'s when you are typing currency .

Give it a try...
Jaydee

You could also try going into control panel......select keyboard and in one of the tabs you should see tick boxes with Australia checked. If there's a uk one tick this instead. You may need to revert to C.Owen's tip to get this tick box
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Larissa,

We did ours in the city. There was a place near the entrance to target (murray street entrance).
A tip......dont get a optus sim card.
they are really expensive. Minimum top up of $30, which seems to disappear really quick!!!
Old Feb 14th 2005, 11:26 am
Just Joined

beckster is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i had the same problem when i arrived, ended unlocking my phone online (cost £1.89!) at www.mobileliberation.com - just make sure you give them your right phone code but they redo it for free if you get it wrong, took 5 mins to fix. went with vodafone $49 top up is worth $249 and lasts a month, texts back to uk same price as within oz and vodafone-vodafone calls only 20c (cheaper than calling a landline). hope this helps
Old Feb 14th 2005, 11:52 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys
Ta
Larissa
There is a guy in Galleria at Morley, (just by the public toilets and travelator!!) who does it. Not sure how much, but he supplies/repairs phones for next to nothing, new keypad and screen for $30 etc.

Good Luck

Paul J
Old Feb 14th 2005, 3:53 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jacko1
There is a guy in Galleria at Morley, (just by the public toilets and travelator!!) who does it. Not sure how much, but he supplies/repairs phones for next to nothing, new keypad and screen for $30 etc.

Good Luck

Paul J

Larrisa, this is the one we took our phones to. Its the stall on the bottom floor just down the side of the jewllers near the toilets. I think the people that run it are Chinese. We left our phones with them and picked them up later, cost about $50 though.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

lindylui is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys
Ta
Larissa
try online at unlockme.com
Old Feb 14th 2005, 5:37 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JayDeee

Kala, try holding down your ALT key & on the number keypad on right hand side type in 156.

Hope it works.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi Guys
Ta
Larissa

Hi Larrissa,

I am having a similar problem. Moved over to Currambine 41/2 weeks ago and need to unlock my UK (out of contract) phone to put a vodafone SIM in it!

I phoned Orange (UK) and asked them to unlock it - they said it would be £20 - but I thought well whatevery, so long as it gets unlocked. They sent me a code and it didnt work - 9 days later still waiting for a call from them.

I have been told that you can get it done at Wanneroo Market, but I havent put this to the test yet.

Let me know if you find anywhere.

Dave
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:58 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by C.Owen
Jaydee

Give it a try...
Also try holding down the ALT key, and typing 1,5,6 on the keypad. Works in Notepad and Word anyway, all I get on this website is a block (☼)
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:59 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys
Ta
Larissa

Got mine unlocked somewhere near (but not in) scarboro when I was over in WA.. It was a mobile phone repair/electronics type place. will post the name of the shop if I can find it....