Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone Servers + Cashing US$'s

Mobile Phone Servers + Cashing US$'s

Old May 18th 2005, 8:59 am
PeterC

PeterC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile Phone Servers + Cashing US$'s

Appreciate if anyone can advise on a couple of things as we are about to make to the big jump to Oz in a couple of weeks.

When we arrive in Perth, I will need to get my mobile, wife and kids linked up asap. The phones are all singing and dancing (well they should be - as prescribed by our know it all kids) and will work I'm told..!
What I need is a server who can get me going - so that I can be contacted and make contact with other States across Oz - in particular QLD - as we will also be venturing to Brisbane to look around. This is so I can keep in contact with potential employers :scared:
Are there any good for example pay as you go schemes about until we get settled in?

Second point is that we will arrive with about US$36K in travellers cheques.
(Get paid in US$ you see ).
Inorder to cash these in and set up a account with Westpac or whoever, can anyone advise who would provide a good rate.

Thanks for any help.