mobile phone

Old Mar 21st 2007, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default mobile phone

I'm in Perth next week, taking my UK mobile phone.

If someone calls me from a landline in Aus, do they just dial my mobile number as it is here in the UK - 077xx etc - or do they have to dial the international dialling code as well ?

Ta.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 12:41 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mobile phone

Originally Posted by elmtree

If someone calls me from a landline in Aus, do they just dial my mobile number as it is here in the UK - 077xx etc - or do they have to dial the international dialling code as well ?

Ta.
They will need to dial the international no first.

Also it is worth remembering that anyone who rings you from the UK will pay their normal call charge, and you will pay the difference between the normal call charge and an international call i.e. you pay a large amount for recieving calls....

It may be better to buy a sim card here and give that number out..
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
They will need to dial the international no first.

Also it is worth remembering that anyone who rings you from the UK will pay their normal call charge, and you will pay the difference between the normal call charge and an international call i.e. you pay a large amount for recieving calls....

It may be better to buy a sim card here and give that number out..

Thanks for that.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:09 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Ta.
Best to get a sim card for Oz... You can do so from 0044 and you'll have the card and number before you go so you can let your contacts out there know when you arrive and what number you can be contacted on...
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rodders39
Best to get a sim card for Oz... You can do so from 0044 and you'll have the card and number before you go so you can let your contacts out there know when you arrive and what number you can be contacted on...
That looks good - £29.99 all-in. I'll ring them tomorrow. Thanks.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:14 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

That looks good - £29.99 all-in. I'll ring them tomorrow. Thanks.

Make sure your phone's unlocked...
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:59 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

You can also pick up a VF sim card here in Australia - just to to Australia Post or Dick Smith. You get the Red Sim Pack for $10 with $10 credit on it. Bargin.

Something for the geeks.... Its theoretically possible when roaming to find your locally assigned temporary number but if you change operator, which you can do when roaming, your number changes. If you change back you'll get another new one. So best avoided!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mark213
You can also pick up a VF sim card here in Australia - just to to Australia Post or Dick Smith. You get the Red Sim Pack for $10 with $10 credit on it. Bargin.

Something for the geeks.... Its theoretically possible when roaming to find your locally assigned temporary number but if you change operator, which you can do when roaming, your number changes. If you change back you'll get another new one. So best avoided!

Excuse my ignorance, but if I were to buy a new SIM card, presumably when I insert it the new mobile number will appear on screen, will it ? ( I've only ever had the one SIM card, you see. )
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse my ignorance, but if I were to buy a new SIM card, presumably when I insert it the new mobile number will appear on screen, will it ? ( I've only ever had the one SIM card, you see. )
yes
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
yes

Ta.

( Still enjoying life in Tazzie ? )
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:33 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Provided your mobile handset is not SIM-locked. A SIM-locked mobile phone cannot accept any SIM card other than those issued by the mobile operator who locked the phone.

Peter
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Ta.

( Still enjoying life in Tazzie ? )
yeah mate !! having a great time.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Provided your mobile handset is not SIM-locked. A SIM-locked mobile phone cannot accept any SIM card other than those issued by the mobile operator who locked the phone.

Peter

How would I find out if mine is SIM locked ?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

How would I find out if mine is SIM locked ?
borrow a sim from a mate on a different network?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
borrow a sim from a mate on a different network?

The missus is on another network.

She's sort-of a mate, I suppose ............... sometimes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.