Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe we can build the Drinking Club Mark 2 - there were a couple of replies to the last suggestion of drinks, but apart from the diehards of me and the Crestas, everyone else seems to have gone over to tea and lamingtons (is theire a vomiting smilie?)

SOD THE LAMINGTONS cant wait. Drinking club mark 2 sounds fantastic, looking forward to it
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I suspect we would and maybe one day in that rose tinted world they call Perth we shall drink and make merry as one.

Three staggering Legs

Originally Posted by maggy
You are a cheeky bugger but have to admit I think we would get along in real life lol
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I suspect we would and maybe one day in that rose tinted world they call Perth we shall drink and make merry as one.

Three staggering Legs
You can borrow my rose tinted specs when you arrive doll as long as you promise to take them off before I smack you one

Only have one pair and they have never let me down since I arrived.

Looking forward to finally meeting you and having a good civilised row lol.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:56 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

You can borrow my rose tinted specs when you arrive doll as long as you promise to take them off before I smack you one

Only have one pair and they have never let me down since I arrived.

Looking forward to finally meeting you and having a good civilised row lol.
Hey Mags..

What are you and Mark doing for the AFL Grand Final on Saturday?
We've got 20 table spaces booked in The Greenwood pub, (Not far from you!)
& have a couple left.
Fancy coming along???
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:01 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scossie
Hey Mags..

What are you and Mark doing for the AFL Grand Final on Saturday?
We've got 20 table spaces booked in The Greenwood pub, (Not far from you!)
& have a couple left.
Fancy coming along???
Bugger Mark, I'll take Maggy.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:04 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

While you're all here, can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Perth?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Bugger Mark, I'll take Maggy.
You cheeky bugger lol.

John Iv got 2 parties on sat lol.

One in afternoon in carramar and one in the evening in Iluka.

Will try to nip into Greenwood for a quick pint if we have time.

what time are you gonna be there.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:31 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

You cheeky bugger lol.

John Iv got 2 parties on sat lol.

One in afternoon in carramar and one in the evening in Iluka.

Will try to nip into Greenwood for a quick pint if we have time.

what time are you gonna be there.
Probably from about 10.30 / 11.00 in the morning, till about midnight!!

I've been sending my liver off on 10K runs every night while I'm sleeping to get it into training!!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:39 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!
Well Said Scossie!! I totally agree
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Bloody hell...

What a response!
Thanks for all the replies, & the karma as well...

I think it's about time somebody said what I said.

Most agreed with me, which is good.
Desperate2go mentioned, "whingers v rose tints".
This, "rose tints" thing which has been floating around BE recently, gets me as well.
If you don't really have anything bad to say about your new life in Oz, it doesn't mean you have a, "rose tinted" view of things.
It just means that you are happy & can't really think of much to complain about.

Webgum said, "I bet you've moaned as well?"
I can honestly say that I haven't. Not even last October when a ladder I was on collapsed under me. I fell off, broke my back, & spent 10 weeks in a full body brace!!
If I was gonna moan, I reckon that would have been a good time!

Thanks Rooksie! A wee star as usual!
Maggy! Beer soon! I promise.... Mish Moneypenny...
Mairi, are there any problems in the world left that we still need to solve?
Anne4Terry, how about an update on your application?
Bix... You're not a good mate, & I won't not thank you for your terrible reply that you didn't not make to my post...

My rose tint remark was not aimed at people who are enjoying the life but those who wont allow others the freedom of expression if they are not.
I think its a bit sad that when i first started posting you felt you could say pretty much anything on here, it now seems that unless you have something great to say about Oz - then your mouth should be kept firmly shut.
Which seems a shame as this site (as well as being full of fab info/insight)should be a sanctuary for freedom of expression(good or bad)
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lawlaw
SOD THE LAMINGTONS cant wait. Drinking club mark 2 sounds fantastic, looking forward to it
Count me in
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:59 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by desperate2go
My rose tint remark was not aimed at people who are enjoying the life but those who wont allow others the freedom of expression if they are not.
I think its a bit sad that when i first started posting you felt you could say pretty much anything on here, it now seems that unless you have something great to say about Oz - then your mouth should be kept firmly shut.
Which seems a shame as this site (as well as being full of fab info/insight)should be a sanctuary for freedom of expression(good or bad)
I know what you mean mate.
It's just that this, "rose tint" thing has been used recently on BE to describe anyone who is really happy in Oz & doesn't have anything to complain about, rather than somebody who isn't here yet, & has a rosy preconceived view.
It's kind of turned around on itself, a bit like when you lend a mate some money, & then he calls you a tight bastard when you ask for it back!!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 5:06 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Scossie.

I know people are entitled to their opinions, but when they state as fact things that have happened to them will happen to you, i.e. don't come here you WILL hate it because I do, it annoys me. I want to make up my own mind, and while I am grateful for peoples experiences and helpful hints, I don't want them to tell me what I will and won't like. They don't know me!

Does that make sense

Shirley
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know what you mean mate.
It's kind of turned around on itself, a bit like when you lend a mate some money, & then he calls you a tight bastard when you ask for it back!!
LOL I think we may have a mutual friend
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 6:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Great post Scossie.

I know people are entitled to their opinions, but when they state as fact things that have happened to them will happen to you, i.e. don't come here you WILL hate it because I do, it annoys me. I want to make up my own mind, and while I am grateful for peoples experiences and helpful hints, I don't want them to tell me what I will and won't like. They don't know me!

Does that make sense

Shirley
Abso bloody lutely! Us up here who haven't got down there yet want information - good or bad. But reasoned argument not black and white statements that blanket the country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.