Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:04 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Oh, for pity's sake!
NOTHING is perfect 100% of the time. If you were at home, wherever 'home'
is, you'd have your family and friends to complain to; as a migrant you don't have that support network and for many, BE has become the family and friends they left behind. But you don't have to take it personally! Just be a friend, even if it does sometimes mean holding your tongue....or your typing finger. The complainer may well feel better tomorrow!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Good post Crone ...

There are many who are at their wits end and lowest ebb missing friends and family and sad or not, this place maybe their only release to let off some steam.

I class it as one big F*** Off sounding board.

Let the people speak.

Three Legs

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Oh, for pity's sake!
NOTHING is perfect 100% of the time. If you were at home, wherever 'home'
is, you'd have your family and friends to complain to; as a migrant you don't have that support network and for many, BE has become the family and friends they left behind. But you don't have to take it personally! Just be a friend, even if it does sometimes mean holding your tongue....or your typing finger. The complainer may well feel better tomorrow!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie
I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!
Mate i just love you!! xx
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
It's like Sean Connery..........but with his dentures removed

The last party we were at he had me in bloody stitches as he said in a broad connery accent MAGGY YOU ARE A SHITE FOR SORE EYES.

Maybe I found it hysterical as we were blasted on bourbon at 2 in the morning and i fell off my seat a few times and whacked my head on the bloody concrete floor.

shit did I have a hangover in the morning lol.

Mark and I woke up in Mairi and Chris's spare bedroom with 2 cats snuggling up to us at noon the following day.

Have no memory of being put to bed lol.

scossie had asked us to stay at his house that night as we were gonna have a drinking session.

Christ I was ill for 3 bloody days.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridiej
There's only a handful of posts that I tend to read now as I get a bit fed up of hearing about how crap such and such a suburb/town/city/state is.

I'm all for hearing both sides of the story but I really want to make my own mind up and not be clouded by other people's opinions.
I'd avoid the word clouded on this thread or you'll get them all going again!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Good post Crone ...

There are many who are at their wits end and lowest ebb missing friends and family and sad or not, this place maybe their only release to let off some steam.

I class it as one big F*** Off sounding board.

Let the people speak.

Three Legs

I agree let people speak.

But its a damn shame when people do speak and then have the piss ripped out of them that they feel the need to leave BE as they are then classed as too sensitive.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

They are weak

Originally Posted by maggy
I agree let people speak.

But its a damn shame when people do speak and then have the piss ripped out of them that they feel the need to leave BE as they are then classed as too sensitive.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:26 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridiej
There's only a handful of posts that I tend to read now as I get a bit fed up of hearing about how crap such and such a suburb/town/city/state is.

I'm all for hearing both sides of the story but I really want to make my own mind up and not be clouded by other people's opinions.

I agree with that totally. All well and good having both sides of the story but ultimately, you are governed by your own mind and decision making.

Right now, I'm absolutely petrified....no amount of mitigation is going to make the process any easier for me for various reasons, but throughout it all, I remember how fortunate I am to be given the chance to live my dream. End of story.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

They are weak
No have to disagree with you there.

Some people just dont know when they are pushing it too far.

We all have opinions but there really is no need personally single out individuals and take the piss out of them.

lets just agree to diasagree lol.

Fancy a drink
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:29 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

The last party we were at he had me in bloody stitches as he said in a broad connery accent MAGGY YOU ARE A SHITE FOR SORE EYES.

Maybe I found it hysterical as we were blasted on bourbon at 2 in the morning and i fell off my seat a few times and whacked my head on the bloody concrete floor.

shit did I have a hangover in the morning lol.

Mark and I woke up in Mairi and Chris's spare bedroom with 2 cats snuggling up to us at noon the following day.

Have no memory of being put to bed lol.

scossie had asked us to stay at his house that night as we were gonna have a drinking session.

Christ I was ill for 3 bloody days.

You beat me Maggy, I stayed at Scossies house & was only ill for two days.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bordy
You beat me Maggy, I stayed at Scossies house & was only ill for two days.

I was on day 2 of being ill when i spoke to you on the phone that night doll lol
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:34 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Well Said, If you don't like it, go back home!
(First time on Site)
Originally Posted by Scossie
I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Agreed ...

Drink: Funny you should say that, we've just had a wine rep 'round here at work flogging expensive Reds ... naturally I imbibed in a couple of cheeky "snifters" ...

Here's to you Maggy ... and Jill

The Three Legged shittiest stirrer

No have to disagree with you there.

Some people just dont know when they are pushing it too far.

We all have opinions but there really is no need personally single out individuals and take the piss out of them.

lets just agree to diasagree lol.

Fancy a drink
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Agreed ...

Drink: Funny you should say that, we've just had a wine rep 'round here at work flogging expensive Reds ... naturally I imbibed in a couple of cheeky "snifters" ...

Here's to you Maggy ... and Jill

The Three Legged shittiest stirrer

You are a cheeky bugger but have to admit I think we would get along in real life lol
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:37 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell...

What a response!
Thanks for all the replies, & the karma as well...

I think it's about time somebody said what I said.

Most agreed with me, which is good.
Desperate2go mentioned, "whingers v rose tints".
This, "rose tints" thing which has been floating around BE recently, gets me as well.
If you don't really have anything bad to say about your new life in Oz, it doesn't mean you have a, "rose tinted" view of things.
It just means that you are happy & can't really think of much to complain about.

Webgum said, "I bet you've moaned as well?"
I can honestly say that I haven't. Not even last October when a ladder I was on collapsed under me. I fell off, broke my back, & spent 10 weeks in a full body brace!!
If I was gonna moan, I reckon that would have been a good time!

Thanks Rooksie! A wee star as usual!
Maggy! Beer soon! I promise.... Mish Moneypenny...
Mairi, are there any problems in the world left that we still need to solve?
Anne4Terry, how about an update on your application?
Bix... You're not a good mate, & I won't not thank you for your terrible reply that you didn't not make to my post...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.