Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Originally Posted by Scossie
I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!
Tried to karma you for that Scossie but couldn't ... you are totally and utterly 100% irrevocably (maybe mis-spelt ... mis-spelled?) correct.

I'd like to add one more 'stating the bleeding obvious' -

If you are a miserable git in the UK you will be a miserable git in Australia.

Maybe if more people made an attempt to be happy in the UK first before trying another country then the migration success rate would improve. The 'I want to leave because the country has gone to the dogs' mob is doomed to failure.

Not too keen on AFL meself (and I caught the Lions on a bad day when I tried it live) but getting into the League now ... cricket season almost upon us too. Happy days, happy days.

Matt
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:22 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

in a nutshell
Old Sep 29th 2005, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Tried to karma you for that Scossie but couldn't ... you are totally and utterly 100% irrevocably (maybe mis-spelt ... mis-spelled?) correct.

I'd like to add one more 'stating the bleeding obvious' -

Maybe if more people made an attempt to be happy in the UK first before trying another country then the migration success rate would improve. The 'I want to leave because the country has gone to the dogs' mob is doomed to failure.

Not too keen on AFL meself (and I caught the Lions on a bad day when I tried it live) but getting into the League now ... cricket season almost upon us too. Happy days, happy days.

Matt
Haven't seen you on here for a while Matt! Great to hear that things are still working out great for you.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Haven't seen you on here for a while Matt! Great to hear that things are still working out great for you.
Good to see you're still around too Tony

Been busy (work, family, the usual) lately but I think I'll take it easy today in the heat

Now, if those pesky World XI freeloaders (currently on holiday in Melbourne) would only pull their fingers out we could get back to normal service
Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
l would prefer it if no one mentions the Ashes, l am still trying to recover from it.
Yes, so am I.

I still cant understand 30 blokes trying to hit a bit of dead cow with a bit of dead tree then hugging and kissing each other.

That sure looks like a sound argument for retrospective abortion
Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bris4us
At long last someone who has something to say that makes sense. I agree. If you want everything to be the same as we left behind - then dont come here. Remember why you decided to move to Australia in the first place. I can understand that we all miss our families but to miss Bisto - come on! Every country has good points and bad points - it is usually the people that make the difference and I too am sick of the petty moaning.
Welcome Bri4Us, first post and all that. Just remember if you're going to Brisbane, they are all a bit slow in the Deep North, not as slow as Tasmanians though
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:15 pm
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

Well there is no such thing as a perfect world and also life is just what you make it scossie and i arrived in aus about the same we met at a taf course and later started working together, just when things were starting to look brighter work wise he fell off the ladder and broke his back, this was a year ago almost to the day, scossie is very lucky to be walking, we have now started a business together doing something we enjoy doing it has been a long haul 3 years on and the business is slow in moving but we have hopes for the future scossie and his wife are 2 of the best friends i have ever had and not once have i heard them whinge, even when he was laying in hospital frightened to sneeze because just a sudden jar of his back would have put him in a wheel chair.
So just maybe john has a point.
And those who have just arrived or about to arrive to live in aus and think its going to be like the uk or anywhere else,you would be better off staying where you are, there is no marks and spencers and the sun newspaper doesnt exist, and we have god to thank for that.
So pull up chair pull out beer and enjoy.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:20 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ialibu
Welcome Bri4Us, first post and all that. Just remember if you're going to Brisbane, they are all a bit slow in the Deep North, not as slow as Tasmanians though