Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

If I'm having a particular bad day and I want to have a moan about it on BE - then I will.
If I'm feeling a bit homesick and want to have a whinge on BE - then I will.
If I'm missing my favourite UK shops such as Next or M&S and feel the need to post something on BE about it - then I will.
That is unless there's some sort of BE rule saying we aren't allowed???

And using a famous quote so many times used on here:
If you don't like it - bugger off!!!

Joanne
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:11 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
If I'm having a particular bad day and I want to have a moan about it on BE - then I will.
If I'm missing my favourite UK shops such as Next or M&S and feel the need to post something on BE about it - then I will.

Joanne
yes, yes, you can do all that saying there's nothing better to do in SA
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:17 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Foster Clan

Joanne
I everything okay. You seem a bit down

A
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scossie
I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!
Very well put. I am off to perth hopefully toward the end of November and i have to say that somtimes when i have read threads with such a negative outlook it does make me think twice but hey i guess thats only natural. You have hit the nail firmly on the head, good reading!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:23 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yes but it's not hijacking a thread by an "in crowd" - whatever the hell that is Just a few people having a banter. If you spend a lot of time reading (but not often posting) eventually you do just jump in with a humourous comment, and people start chatting. Before you know where you are, you are posting drivel with the best of them. I have had (numerous) chats with people I have never heard of before but maybe that's just me
Must be just you
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
I everything okay. You seem a bit down

A

Everything is fine. Not feeling down today - in fact I've had a particularly good day. But unfortunately not every day is like this (wouldn't life be perfect if it was) - some days are a lot worse than others and I don't mind admitting it!!!
Joanne
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:05 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by webgum
If you don't want to read opinions, maybe you should just read the tourist information sites until you arrive rather than a forum when you put people down for having an opinion! Aren't forums all about having opinions?
FFS so now I'm not allowed to pick and choose what posts I read?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Cant anyone see the irony in this thread, Whos going to start another thread whinging about sad boring people moaning and whinging about a weather thread

At least the weather thread threw out some facts, if your going to perth prepare for often cold wet winters, many would not know that. If that puts anyone off maybe perths not the right place for them.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 8:48 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Cant anyone see the irony in this thread, Whos going to start another thread whinging about sad boring people moaning and whinging about a weather thread

At least the weather thread threw out some facts, if your going to perth prepare for often cold wet winters, many would not know that. If that puts anyone off maybe perths not the right place for them.
I wish I had read the weather thread before coming here, We had 6 days of frost during the winter! We didn't get any frost when we came here on holiday. And they never show frost on any of the new life down under programs. If I'd known I would have packed a jumper.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
I wish I had read the weather thread before coming here, We had 6 days of frost during the winter! We didn't get any frost when we came here on holiday. And they never show frost on any of the new life down under programs. If I'd known I would have packed a jumper.
can't you wear two t-shirts instead
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
If no one moaned or complained or whinged, I'd be out of a job....(I'm a psychotherapist) --- as they say "One man's meat is another man's poison"
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:41 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by arkon
And bought a quilt from the Uk to use when you're on the sette at night with no heating during the winter !!!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:20 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray
And bought a quilt from the Uk to use when you're on the sette at night with no heating during the winter !!!!!!
Tell me about it! We have only one reverse cycle aircon and its above the sofa in the lounge. If you switch it on you can't then hear the telly. So the choice is telly or warmth. I was planning on puting a wood fire in but as soon as I had the idea winter was over, doesn't seem to last long where I am.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

I say if you want to sound off about how unhappy you are in Aus then go ahead. Hopefully you will get some support from people when you are feeling down. In doesn't make you a boring or sad person.
Equally if you want to come on and tell everyone how excited you are at the thought of emigrating or how great your new life is in Aus then feel free. Hopefully there will be people here who will celebrate with you.
Variety is the spice of life and we are lucky enough to live in two great countries that allow us to have freedom of speech.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Well thank god for Scossie, best thing I have read on this site for ages!!! I agree with you 110%, I get embarassed for the people who come to this beautiful country and find fault with everything about it. I know everyone has days they miss friends and family, I do too, but I don't go around moaning at every oppportunity. I say to the ones who find fault with everything about Oz and whinge and moan to go home and give someone who really wants to come here the chance.

Now I know why the Australians say whinging poms! awww It's nice to be Scottish (just thought I would throw that in see who I can wind up)

But.......

Enough is enough!

In Australia:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.