Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Okay with you now.

The line I put in was in the style of scossie's original post - but was referring to previous posts where people have been complaining about the aussie school system and how their children are going to fall behind their UK counterparts (and some people have even said that they will send their kids to UK bording school to avoid this).

Personally, I have found that there is no difference between the intelligence or otherwise of Brits and Aussies.

Cheers
A
I agree. I just thought that the comment about them turning out just as dumb or intelligent as in the British school system was funny
Can we all be friends again now
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:53 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by desperate2go
OK....I had to go back to page 6 just to find what we are talking about
If you look at the message above, in the Another one to add to your list bit at the end kirsty&al gives a statement made about the school system.

I was not trying to be offensive, just trying to ask why it was felt that was ' rude and misleading'. I just thought it was a light hearted and quite amusing comment....but I am now going to crawl back under my rock before i get chewed up completely
Is it a nice rock? (Edit: sorry that wasn't meant to sound rude either)

You know how it is with the written word. I just missed the nuance of your post I got it eventually (see above ^^^^^).

A
Edit: I see that you've already seen. Group Hug anyone???

Last edited by kirsty&al; Sep 23rd 2005 at 11:08 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:56 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42
l would prefer it if no one mentions the Ashes, l am still trying to recover from it.

Glad to see you back too!
I missed your posts
I had to phone the bank in Australia the other day and I jumped the gun about a question he said "just because you won the cricket dont start getting ahead of yourself"
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I just missed the nuance of your post
You being rude again ?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Bix
You being rude again ?
Nah... it's just that I'm stuck with an old-ance

Quite jealous actually.

A
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:11 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Me too - I`m always happy to admit to being wrong if that is the case, I think I`m normally very friendly to new joiners and always try to give out karma & stuff and advice (if I know an answer)
I'm a newbie can I have some karma please
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:15 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I'm a newbie can I have some karma please
Oooh Possoms!! You tell porkie pies - I`ll send you some for your cheek!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

This thread is illustrating my point perfectly
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RReed
Aye.
It's like an amoeba.....flows in all directions.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:40 am

Only one flaw though. I'm not part of the in-crowd. Or at least I don't think I am

A
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:46 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Let's here it for Al.............
Attached Thumbnails Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!-seapoint%2520crowd%2520r.jpg  
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Let's here it for Al.............
You can see me at the back. I'm the one who got pushed out of the emergency exit
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but it's not hijacking a thread by an "in crowd" - whatever the hell that is Just a few people having a banter. If you spend a lot of time reading (but not often posting) eventually you do just jump in with a humourous comment, and people start chatting. Before you know where you are, you are posting drivel with the best of them. I have had (numerous) chats with people I have never heard of before but maybe that's just me
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:02 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

You can see me at the back. I'm the one who got pushed out of the emergency exit
Oh, hang on then, I'll look at the back of the pc to get a better view.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:03 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yes but it's not hijacking a thread by an "in crowd" - whatever the hell that is Just a few people having a banter. If you spend a lot of time reading (but not often posting) eventually you do just jump in with a humourous comment, and people start chatting. Before you know where you are, you are posting drivel with the best of them. I have had (numerous) chats with people I have never heard of before but maybe that's just me
Talk for yourself !! I never post drivel - I always post informative rubbish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.