Moan moan moan

Old May 20th 2003, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Moan moan moan

I just feel like having a long whinge about... yes you guessed it those elusive Police Checks.

Sent a fax on Friday - no response

Sent a fax Monday A.M - no response

Phoned 3 times -yesterday to be eventually told we were not even on the system and they couldn't possibly find our papers as they had thousands backlogged.
They asked me to get my police station to fax a copy to them.

phoned Police Station - they said they don't keep copies and they have sent the originals off.

phoned NSY- told them the story, spoke to the manager she told me she would 'try' and speak to the Met department and put our details on the main system. She said they would process them as soon as possible ( but sounded doubtful)

Didn't receive them in the post today, I am praying for tomorrow.
38 days and waiting.

Rang them at 5.05pm today and they were shut.

I got the request for them and the medicals two bl***y months ago and am still waiting.

I just feel like moaning, moaning, moaning until I get them.
And to think I am paying for this service!!

Praying for the post tomorrow morning. I want to be happy again!!
Old May 20th 2003, 5:09 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Mine took 60 days, lots of faxes and phone calls and a postman who thought i was insane!
Hang in there!
Old May 20th 2003, 5:19 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Im going to phone next monday, that will be 4 weeks. Not the 40 days yet i know, but i need to process my visa ap within 2 months of them asking for the bits!

It says on the metwebsite that they are legally bound to be able to provide information about yourself within 40 days. If it gets any longer than that i reckon it will be time to really kick up a fuss....
Old May 20th 2003, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

I sent mine on the 9th April and got it back today!!!!!
Mandy
Old May 20th 2003, 5:25 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Moan moan moan

Originally posted by tinaj
I just feel like having a long whinge about... yes you guessed it those elusive Police Checks.

Sent a fax on Friday - no response

Sent a fax Monday A.M - no response

Phoned 3 times -yesterday to be eventually told we were not even on the system and they couldn't possibly find our papers as they had thousands backlogged.
They asked me to get my police station to fax a copy to them.

phoned Police Station - they said they don't keep copies and they have sent the originals off.

phoned NSY- told them the story, spoke to the manager she told me she would 'try' and speak to the Met department and put our details on the main system. She said they would process them as soon as possible ( but sounded doubtful)

Didn't receive them in the post today, I am praying for tomorrow.
38 days and waiting.

Rang them at 5.05pm today and they were shut.

I got the request for them and the medicals two bl***y months ago and am still waiting.

I just feel like moaning, moaning, moaning until I get them.
And to think I am paying for this service!!

Praying for the post tomorrow morning. I want to be happy again!!

This is a bloody disgrace! I sent mine off about three weeks ago and naturally assumed (idiot!) they would come back within the four weeks.
Does it make a difference where you come from? I'm from Kent.
Old May 20th 2003, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a poor system. I can't believe how long it takes for someone to type your name into the computer and pull up your criminal (or not) record.

Not much help to your cause, I know, but I liked adding to your moan.

Good luck
Karl.
Old May 20th 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for your comments.

The whole system seems to be a farce - even DIMIA seem to be processing the applications quicker at the moment!!

I think I am going to be more excited/ worried about getting the police checks back than the visa at the moment!!

Let's hope they arrive in the morning.
Old May 20th 2003, 6:29 pm
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned the local station where i applied for the checks on day 39/40. The officer was excellent, she got straight on the phone to Scotland yard. She even called me back to say that they were dealing with it asap and i would have them within 2 days. (and we did)
Old May 20th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
Mine took 60 days, lots of faxes and phone calls and a postman who thought i was insane!
Hang in there!

what dya mean thought ?????
Old May 20th 2003, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tina

Sorry to hear your having stress with the police forms hopefully things will work out !

Take it easy

footie chick
Old May 20th 2003, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moan moan moan

Tina

I'm keeping my finga x'd 4 ya !
Old May 20th 2003, 7:46 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we got three out of four back within three weeks, but who knows where the other is if its not here by thursday i guess i'll be phoning and faxing.
Old May 20th 2003, 8:31 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

mention the data protection act since there is a time limit that the police must respond.

Some hints ....

Take the person name who you speak to at your local station and number, and mentioned that you are informing the data protection officer about the delay !!!!!
Old May 20th 2003, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

If the National Identification Service - or whichever authority you are using - take longer than 40 days then they are in breach of the Data Protection Act i.e. they have broken the law.

If you point this out to the government's Information Commisioner they will act against the law breakers. I had exactly this problem one year ago. The NIS didn't want to know me and 40 days had passed. I contacted the Information Commisioner and surprise surprise the Information arrived my door step a couple of days later. Here is a copy of my post from last year.

Those of you that read about my problems above might be interested to know that my Police Check report arrived this morning. As if by magic - that's a couple of working days after I filed my complaint with Information Commissioner.

That's the avenue I suggest you take if you find yourselves in the same boat.

The complaint form and procedure can be found at

Click on 'Assessments'

Don't try ringing the NIS on any of their published numbers because all routes end at a recorded message.

Good luck
Nick
Old May 24th 2003, 8:08 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I spoke to NSY and they said to get NY Police to fax through copies and they would process them. I rang monday and again on wed. The guy at NY Police was ever so helpful on the wed and said he would call me back when their system comes back up. By the late afternoon and no call I rang back and was told that the system was still down and engineers were looking at it.

He said he remembered me and promised he would call when he was faxing them through.

Well I have not heard anything since so I will call again on Tuesday morning.

I really want to be able to get it to Adelaide in time for the 19th June as I have a feeling that once the end of June deadline passes for the quota we could see a slow down in processing from ASPC.

I would like to think if all is well we may get a visa grant by the end of June!!

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.