mmr vacination

Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough
Question mmr vacination

We did not get our second child mmr vaccination and our first the booster will this affect our medicals on our visa app ?????
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: mmr vacination

Originally Posted by leew1019
We did not get our second child mmr vaccination and our first the booster will this affect our medicals on our visa app ?????

It didn't affect ours.
We gave our daughter the single measles back in UK, then sourced the single rubella in Australia. She will be having the single mumps when we go back to UK for a holiday.
Jo
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:15 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

No.

Ours have never had it.

Paul.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:57 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our second child didnt have the MMR and we didnt have a problem with medicals although I am anticipating a problem with CentreLink when I get round to claiming the equivalent of child benefit as they require proof of vaccinations with application.
Would be interested to hear if anyone has encountered a problem with this.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:14 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Our second child didnt have the MMR and we didnt have a problem with medicals although I am anticipating a problem with CentreLink when I get round to claiming the equivalent of child benefit as they require proof of vaccinations with application.
Would be interested to hear if anyone has encountered a problem with this.
You should not have a problem with centrelink. Vaccination (of any sort) is not compulsory in Australia. Proof of current immunisation is required for two or three state benefits, but like every other country there is a right of conscientious objection. If you don't wish to give your child the MMR, just print off and complete the conscientious objection form and you will not have any argument from Centrelink.

You will find the form here: http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/...ction_form.pdf

It's a sad misconception that you *have* to vaccinate to get these benefits, but the government won't do anything to clarify it. You just have to do your own research.

Sue
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

helen/andy has a spectacular aura abouthelen/andy has a spectacular aura abouthelen/andy has a spectacular aura about

Single dose Mumps measles or rubella is not available in the U.K at present,the single doses that were available in the UK were not licensed for use here,so for any one needing a booster of any of the above the policy now is to give a MMR booster irrespective of previous immunisation history.
The clinics giving the single dose vaccinations have been closed down,as these vaccines have been proven to be ineffective.
As far as I am aware you can get single dose vaccines in France.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 7:06 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helen/andy
Single dose Mumps measles or rubella is not available in the U.K at present,the single doses that were available in the UK were not licensed for use here,so for any one needing a booster of any of the above the policy now is to give a MMR booster irrespective of previous immunisation history.
The clinics giving the single dose vaccinations have been closed down,as these vaccines have been proven to be ineffective.

The single doses have been 'proved' to be ineffective? Do you have a source for this statement? I'd be interested to read, as I've heard nothing said about that.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Single doses ARE still available in the UK. I have just booked one of my daughters in for her single mumps injection for when we go back to UK for a holiday.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:33 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Single doses ARE still available in the UK. I have just booked one of my daughters in for her single mumps injection for when we go back to UK for a holiday.

ditto, clinics are still open. the manchester centre is still open and everything is fine and dandy. there is nothing to suggest that the single vaccines are not effective.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Clinics being closed down must be a recent thing as our oldest son had the single vaccines in London before we came out.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 11:02 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Clinics being closed down must be a recent thing as our oldest son had the single vaccines in London before we came out.
clinics are not closing down , not to my knowledge anyway. we recently had the reminder for the single vaccination boosters from the clinic we used.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 8:11 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

It didn't affect ours.
We gave our daughter the single measles back in UK, then sourced the single rubella in Australia. She will be having the single mumps when we go back to UK for a holiday.
Jo
Hi,

We have given our son single jabs in the UK and would like to do so for future additions to the family in Australia. Where did you get the single jabs in Australia ?

Thanks,

Bryan
Old Mar 28th 2006, 8:13 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Absolute rubbish ! The single dose vaccinations in the UK have not been proven to be ineffective.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Ask Tony Blair, it is assumed that his son Leo had them.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BAY
Absolute rubbish ! The single dose vaccinations in the UK have not been proven to be ineffective.

That's what I thought too. I did read today somewhere whilst trying to research this that a doc had said he thought that the single shots weren't AS effective as the whole combined shot.
Took that with a pinch of salt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.