mmr vacination

Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

tractor boy will become famous soon enoughtractor boy will become famous soon enough
Default mmr vacination

Can anyone offer any advice on jab for a one year old, would it be best to get in the U.k before we leave, or what is the vacination programme for children like in OZ,
Junior will only be 1 year and 7 days when we leave.

Any help much appreciated.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:10 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: mmr vacination

Originally Posted by tractor boy
Can anyone offer any advice on jab for a one year old, would it be best to get in the U.k before we leave, or what is the vacination programme for children like in OZ,

I would offer, have seperate jabs!

Appart from that, it will be interesting to see waht others say

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

MMR is a WW Jab. It is no different here as it is in Australia. The one thing you cannot get in Aus is the single vaccine.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:25 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
MMR is a WW Jab. It is no different here as it is in Australia. The one thing you cannot get in Aus is the single vaccine.

Bummer

Well someone must be able to get the seperate jabs

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by markeh
Bummer

Well someone must be able to get the seperate jabs

Bye
Mark
Mark,
No separte jabs in Aus. We are waiting until 2nd child has finished his single vaccine course before we go.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

We were in the same dilemma - due to fly (visas permitting) in April.
We have booked our daughter in for her single measles vaccination beg March at a private clinic in UK. Minimum wait between vaccinations is 3 months but no maximum so we plan to leave it 12 - 18 months between injections to coincide with visits back to UK.
Hope this helps.
Joanne
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:20 pm
Happy Daddy

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
We were in the same dilemma - due to fly (visas permitting) in April.
We have booked our daughter in for her single measles vaccination beg March at a private clinic in UK. Minimum wait between vaccinations is 3 months but no maximum so we plan to leave it 12 - 18 months between injections to coincide with visits back to UK.
Hope this helps.
Joanne
Joanne,

My next door neighbours children hav had the MMR jab. There chilkd was normal but afterwards he's now been diagnosed with Autism. I'm not uggesting a link but the questionare ha had, asked him questions like "Did this occur after the MMR jab?"

Bye
Mmark
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:44 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markeh
Joanne,

My next door neighbours children hav had the MMR jab. There chilkd was normal but afterwards he's now been diagnosed with Autism. I'm not uggesting a link but the questionare ha had, asked him questions like "Did this occur after the MMR jab?"

Bye
Mmark
why do you want the seperate jabs? Is it to do with the scare a few years back? If so, the Dr had his work discredited (even co-authors of that study said there was not the evidence for the conclusions drawn) and much larger surveys have found no link with autism. WHO finds that it has an outstanding safety record.

I ask as a parent of a 2mth old baby, confused as to why some parents insist on the seperate jabs
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

My sons had their first MMR jab when they were about 15 months old.

I refused to let them have their second one due to the fact that I know of 2 cases where the child drastically changed after having the MMR.

I would rather let my child have a bout of measles etc than take the risks.
I had both types of measles when I was a child and it never affected me or anyone else I know that had it.

Sorry to get political

Julie
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:02 am
Professional Princess

To be honest, if there is even the slightest risk in having the MMR jab then I wouldnt do it.

I know that Dr Wakefield had his work 'discredited' as quoted by the papers, but I know that drug companies have a huge amount of influence over this matter.

Those mums approached him, they came to him desperate because their children developed problems after having that jab.

And when one doctor said: 'Well why don't all children develop these problems then?' with a self satisfied smug look on his face, I knew then that there was something to worry about.

Because that is a dangerous question. Why can some people have certain tablets without side effects and others suffer?

Why was Dr Wakefields phone line tapped and his wife followed?

My friend use to be a Kindergarten teacher and said the kiddies that had the MMR vaccine, some of them would come in very poorly afterwards.

I can't even get my flu and tetanus jab on the same day due to potential side effects.

In my opinion, you are overloading a developing immune system with a strong vaccine.

I don't think Dr Wakefield was saying 'dont vaccinate', he was just saying 'Dont vaccinate all at once'.

The MMR vaccine is worth millions to drug companies and they have alot to lose by parents not taking it up.

Measles is dangerous as is Mumps and Rubella, yes, children should be vaccinated.

How they are vaccinated should be up to the parent.

Because SHOULD their precious child develop any complications post vaccine, then they have to live with that. Not the doctors, not the nurses and noone else.

The propaganda that surrounded that story was very powerful. The words 'discredited', 'no clinical evidence' were often in the papers.

It's easy to say to a mum 'if you want whats best for your child, you will have him vaccinated with MMR and not single jabs'

Its not so easy when their child becomes Autistic.

And whilst Dr Wakefield's research has been disregarded by the journal in which it was published, I am sure I am not alone in saying that all those mums can't be wrong.

What one child can take in their body, another can't.

Respect each and every parents decision to do what they think is best for their baby.

Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Pjay79 will become famous soon enoughPjay79 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

My son had his MMR and is completely fine, I know some parents think that there still may be a link to Autism, but until someone does a full scale study to prove this how can we be sure.

Autism does affect people who haven't had the MMR Vaccine. Could it not be that the signs of Autism would become noticeable when children are in the stages of development that just so happen to be the same age when they have the Vaccine?

Anyway that is besides the point, every parent has the right to choose what is best for there and their children's lives.

What I would say is that I believe Australia has the same vaccination system as the UK, but if your child is having the MMR then just make sure they are not at all poorly on the day e.g not teething or running a temp or any sort of cold. I would not let my child have any vaccine if they were the slightest bit poorly as I think this is when complications can happen.

Best of luck anyway, whatever your decision
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:29 am
Professional Princess

Its true what you say that they may not have enough clinical evidence.

But to get clinical evidence you need someone to 'suffer the side effects'.

That is a huge gamble.

My friends child passed all his 'milestones' and was declared a 'normal, fit healthy boy'.

Had his MMR and now has autism.

Whether or not it is clinically proven to be related, no mum should be expected to put her child on the line to prove/disprove a clinical theory.

Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Pjay79 will become famous soon enoughPjay79 will become famous soon enough

I completely agree with you, I certainly wouldn't want my child to be the one that "suffers" for the research to be able to be done.

I also wouldn't want my child to suffer some of the effects that can be caused by serious cases of Measles or mumps.

It is such a debatable subject, and you can never as a parent I feel be sure you are completely doing the right thing by your child. I'm a huge believer in following your instincts when it comes to your children.

I just wanted to point out that it isn't always down to the MMR Vaccine, and that there is reasonable argument in both directions, this is perhaps what makes it so difficult to make an "informed" decision.

Last edited by Pjay79; Feb 16th 2005 at 9:36 am. Reason: Noticed errors
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Its true what you say that they may not have enough clinical evidence.

But to get clinical evidence you need someone to 'suffer the side effects'.

That is a huge gamble.

My friends child passed all his 'milestones' and was declared a 'normal, fit healthy boy'.

Had his MMR and now has autism.

Whether or not it is clinically proven to be related, no mum should be expected to put her child on the line to prove/disprove a clinical theory.
I agree with you. Many of the surveys carried out to discredit Dr Wakefields findings were carried out by people affiliated to the drug companies, of course their findings denied any links to the MMR.
Also, the long term effects of most vaccines are still unknown, not only from the mutated virus which is injected straight into the bloodstream, (producing an unnatural reaction from the body anyway, as most virus' don't enter the body this way naturally...) but also from the concoction of chemicals which it is suspended in, often containing mercury and formaldehyde amongst others.
It has only just been admitted that many people were vaccinated with a contaminated batch of Polio vaccine, containing tissues from monkey's kidneys, which could be responsible for causing cancerous tumours in the recipients 40 years later.
This was administered in the 1960's. I wonder what new evidence will come to light about the vaccines of today in 40 years time?
Didn't the authorities tell us all that Thalidomide was perfectly safe..........
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. I think that this is one of the hardest things i had to think over concerning my wee boy. I had Craig in September 01 and from when i had him this was constantly on my mind. The age that babies got it then was 18 months old, they then brought this down to 12. I put it off and had many arguments and screaming matches regarding this. I was just so terrified that something might happen to him.

I eventually got it done just after his 3rd birthday, but have to say this was mainly down to the pressure that i was getting from my partners family. I was getting the guilt trip everytime i spoke to them on the phone and everytime i went to scotland to visit them. So along i took him to get it.

My little boy is obviously hard as nails as he didnt even flinch when it happened but there i was crying all over him,god i was so embarrased.

Also what you have to remember that your baby might be a little sick after getting it. Craig had diferent symptoms over 6 weeks in total. He had a rash, temp, diarrhoea and a touch of the cold but the doctor said this was to be expected.

If i was you i would probably wait until you get over to Oz to get your little one vaccinated. Good luck with what you decide though, We all know what a tough choice it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.