Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MMR v Single Jabs in Oz

MMR v Single Jabs in Oz

Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MMR v Single Jabs in Oz

Has anyone had any experience of vacinating their child against MMR using single jabs whilst in Australia.

My son has had his initial single jabs here in the UK for measles and rubella and is due to have his boosters in the next 12 weeks (apparently they need to be 12 weeks apart). Appointment is booked but it leaves little time between now and our intended departure date in October.

Due to the UK government trying to force parents into having the MMR single jab import restrictions have been placed on the mumps jab and as a result he has yet to receive it, he's been waiting almost 2 years !!!!!

Does anyone know whether the single jab option is available in Oz and if so do you have any contacts so that we could book him in asap after we arrive.

Thanks.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:03 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

My Daughter had her MMR here and I was told by the doctor that single jabs are not available. This was in Sydney 11/2 years ago so who knows now.

Sorry not much use.

I have just found a telephone number that they gave me to ask questions about the MMR. I have sent it to you in a private message.

Last edited by Pants; Jun 10th 2004 at 12:06 pm.