Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MMR - Are single jabs available in Oz?

MMR - Are single jabs available in Oz?

Old Mar 13th 2004, 1:25 pm
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about
Default MMR - Are single jabs available in Oz?

Hi folks,

We have just received our PR visas and will hopefully soon be Oz bound. We have a 2yr old son and wondered what the situation is in Australia with MMR jabs? Are single jabs available?

Cheers

M
Old Mar 13th 2004, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Joskin is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in OZ IN November and tried to obtain a single mumps jab for our 16month old son. Unfortunately it was not available. We were told by the staff at the medical centre we approached that the whole of Australia only have the MMR jab.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 4:54 pm
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Joskin
We were in OZ IN November and tried to obtain a single mumps jab for our 16month old son. Unfortunately it was not available. We were told by the staff at the medical centre we approached that the whole of Australia only have the MMR jab.
Yep our son needs the single mumps jab as well. He's had the other two single jabs but it's proving impossible to find a clinic with the mumps vaccine. I was hoping that we would have more luck in Australia when we go there next month.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd get them done now before you go to Oz. My son is 14 months and we've opted for single jabs. He is booked in at a private clinic in Manchester for his first, Rubella, next Saturday. Its around £90 per vaccine. However, they told me there's a shortage of the mumps vaccine at the moment. So he's on the waiting list. They expect it will be up to three months before they have some.
I did a search on the web for list of clinics when I first started investigating this. I'm not sure, but a vagely recall seeing a web site in Australia that do single jabs, again it was private. Its worth doing a search anyway.
Good luck
Tazzy
Old Mar 13th 2004, 7:17 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MMR - Are single jabs available in Oz?

Originally posted by mjj
Hi folks,

We have just received our PR visas and will hopefully soon be Oz bound. We have a 2yr old son and wondered what the situation is in Australia with MMR jabs? Are single jabs available?

Cheers

M
i would definately get em done in the uk if you need to know more pm me

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=MMR+a+choice

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=mmr+a+choice

Last edited by wengerboy; Mar 13th 2004 at 7:31 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried Desumo Clinic in Worcester? Their number is;
01531 631642 or 07855817431