Mmr - Help?!

Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road
Question Mmr - Help?!

Hi
Hoping someone can help me with this one. My son will be one in July and we hope to fly out in August. He's due his MMR at 12-15 months (which we would prefer to either have as three separate injections or indeed have more time to research the pros and cons of this.)
The question is does anyone know if he has to have his MMR before we fly to Australia or if he can have it when we are out there (we hope to fly when he is 13/14 months old)?
I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction for this as I've tried searching on the web but with no luck yet.
Thanks
Susan
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked a question about injections a couple of weeks ago & someone kindly sent me a web site address where they explained what the australians do. If you do a search you should be able to find it.

The only thing that you may want to consider is that I seem to remember that if you want your child to go to a nursery (not sure about playgroups) I think you may need to prove that they have had the injection. I am not 100% sure about this but it may be worth finding out if you want to use a nursery.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked a similar question earlier today too. My son is 3 and has had separate jabs for measles and rubella but nothing for mumps.
We're hoping to get mumps jab done privately once we're out there as no one can get hold of the vaccine in this country.

If you hear of anything please let me know and I'll do likewise.

All the best.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Australian website is

http://www.immunise.health.gov.au/

my son didn't have his jabs til he was 2 1/2 yrs old, when, in my opinion, he was old enough to have them, but I know this is a very sensitive issue and don't feel pressured into anything, its a very hard decision to make

all best

Teresa x
Old Jun 10th 2004, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the replies, I'll let you know if I find out anything for definite. The link looks like really useful reading for tomorrow.
Thanks again
Susan