British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mmr (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mmr-279682/)

JJJHM Jan 24th 2005 5:33 pm

Mmr

Can anyone tell me what is available in Brisbane regarding single MMR jabs, my 3 year old has had all 3 but my youngest isn't a year old until May and I don't want to give him the MMR and reluctant to start giving him the single jabs as we are planning to go in August..

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Many thanks

Amazulu Jan 24th 2005 6:01 pm

Re: Mmr

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Can anyone tell me what is available in Brisbane regarding single MMR jabs, my 3 year old has had all 3 but my youngest isn't a year old until May and I don't want to give him the MMR and reluctant to start giving him the single jabs as we are planning to go in August..

Many thanks

I could be wrong, but from previous posts, single jabs are not available in Australia. A close friend of my wife is a doctor & she said that the link to autism research has been discredited & mmr is safe in her opinion. Our son had it last year.

chr1sarter Jan 24th 2005 6:52 pm

Julie,
My family who live in Aus, informed us there is no single injections offered. We started our single jabs for boy no: 2 in December, using a southampton clinic, but it takes 6 months to complete course. Thats why our new leaving date cannot be until after June. Difficult decision to make. If its August time frame, then u may be able to fit in the single jabs in time. Give us a call, and we will give you the contact number of the clinic in Southampton.

Foster Clan Jan 24th 2005 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by JJJHM

Many thanks

Hi We are in the same situation. Our daughter is 1 in Feb so we are arranging for her to have the single measles injection in March before we go to Oz. She will then have the other two on return visits to England as there is no set time period between innoculations. However it would be better if we could find a clinic in Oz to complete the course (or even New Zealand). I have done a search on this website and it looks like there isn't anywhere that offers the single doses in Oz. Please let me know if you find any further information.
Joanne

JJJHM Jan 24th 2005 7:45 pm

Thanks for that..

I think I'll get him to have measles before we go and the others on return trips..

We already have the Southampton number as we used them for our oldest.. I'll asume it's the same clinic...!

Many thanks,