Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mmmmarrrmite!!! to you 17 bucks mate.

mmmmarrrmite!!! to you 17 bucks mate.

Old Feb 20th 2003, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

lucinda75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mmmmarrrmite!!! to you 17 bucks mate.

I went out to buy Ad some comfort food today...and ended up buying a jar of english marmite ( 250g) ...for $17...( 5 quid?)

is this a world mark up record?
or simply fair pricing for a well travelled condiment?
Old Feb 20th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default oops

whats the mater with vegimite tastes alittle diffrent but still has as much salt in it ha ha
has anyone tried mightymight that i keep seeing advertised on the t.v,
cant get the damn tune out of my head now.
mighty mighty mighty mighty mighte
shaun
Old Feb 20th 2003, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

jseni01d is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mmmmarrrmite!!! to you 17 bucks mate.

Originally posted by lucinda75
I went out to buy Ad some comfort food today...and ended up buying a jar of english marmite ( 250g) ...for $17...( 5 quid?)

is this a world mark up record?
or simply fair pricing for a well travelled condiment?
Here in Tokyo it's a snip at 750 yen (about 4 GBP or 11 AU$) for a 125g jar!

As for fair, it'll have to get a lot more expensive than that to put me off!

John,
Tokyo
Old Feb 20th 2003, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough
Default Marmite

Just finishing the packing to go to NZ for our Recce Trip this evening. Hoping to get a job offer in C'church or Nelson.

However have had pleas from friends to bring over pots of Marmite (yuk!) and four-way plugs. Just packed two massive pots of marmite at £4 a time from Costco.

Roger
Old Feb 20th 2003, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

It may be expensive out there, but still worth it i'm sure, after all a big jar lasts about 5years in my household - no one but me likes it!!
Old Feb 20th 2003, 4:32 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sully4441
Sorry,
but Marmite is disgusting.
now Bovril, thats more like it!
Can't you get Bovril in Australia?

I bet Australian Customs would take a dim view to bringing in "BSE in a Jar"

Dan

10 DAYS TO GO!!!
Old Feb 20th 2003, 5:37 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Marmite

Originally posted by Roger
Just finishing the packing to go to NZ for our Recce Trip this evening. Hoping to get a job offer in C'church or Nelson.

However have had pleas from friends to bring over pots of Marmite (yuk!) and four-way plugs. Just packed two massive pots of marmite at £4 a time from Costco.

Roger

If your friends are in Chch tell them i've seen marmite in Pak & Save in the Northlands mall on the shelves underneath the deli counter.

Paula