Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mixed age classes?

mixed age classes?

Old Mar 17th 2005, 2:50 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default mixed age classes?

I read somewhere that schools in oz put children into classes according to ability rather than age,so the theory is you could have a 7yr old in class of 9 yr olds is this correct? if so when brit kids arrive is there any testing etc to establish thier ability?
Old Mar 17th 2005, 11:40 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mixed age classes?

In the school my kids go to its not encouraged to go out of grade. However if a child is struggling they will hold them back in year 5.

I know of someones who has had a real battle to get her kid moved up a year because he was bored here. She's suceeded and hes doing ok though.

However this maynot be the same in all schools and in all states!