Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mitchell Freeway Perth at a standstill

Mitchell Freeway Perth at a standstill

Old May 13th 2005, 8:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mitchell Freeway Perth at a standstill

Water main has burst.

They'll be talking about this for years.
Old May 13th 2005, 8:14 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mitchell Freeway Perth at a standstill

Originally Posted by renth
Water main has burst.

Yeah, just heard it on the radio!!! All lanes closed(south bound at least)!!!

Hey, wasn't it Kwinana? And southbound from Mill point rd?

Anyway, hilarious(but that's just cos I don't usually go that way!). Otherwise: omg, what a nightmare.

And this morning the roads were flooded too, but that was cos it was raining cats and dogs.
Old May 13th 2005, 8:14 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Water main has burst.

Is it a test for the Kimberley canal plan?
Old May 13th 2005, 8:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Is it a test for the Kimberley canal plan?
LOL! Very good!
Old May 13th 2005, 9:50 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Well... I just had the best drive home ever!! But the otherside of the road Graham farmer fwy and Orrong road chockers, though... it's usually quite full anyway!

My side is usually quite busy too(going west into tunnel), but was now normal... strange.. maybe people are all just avoiding all the freeways.... I even took the mitchel fwy up tp Powis st, instead of getting off at Loftus st and driving through Leederville, what I usually have to do.
Old May 13th 2005, 1:38 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Simone
Well... I just had the best drive home ever!! But the otherside of the road Graham farmer fwy and Orrong road chockers, though... it's usually quite full anyway!

My side is usually quite busy too(going west into tunnel), but was now normal... strange.. maybe people are all just avoiding all the freeways.... I even took the mitchel fwy up tp Powis st, instead of getting off at Loftus st and driving through Leederville, what I usually have to do.
Grrr... I just had the WORST trip ever home! Didn't think it would effect me, seeing as I go from West Perth to Freo via the Stirling Hwy (nowhere near the Mitchell freeway). Normally takes me about 40 minutes home by bus. Well today I got on the bus at 4.45pm... at 8.05pm, after travelling less than a third of the way home and taking 2 hours to go about 100 metres, I ended up getting of the bus and walking half an hour to the train station. Finally got home at 9pm
Old May 13th 2005, 1:46 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by saraliz
Grrr... I just had the WORST trip ever home! Didn't think it would effect me, seeing as I go from West Perth to Freo via the Stirling Hwy (nowhere near the Mitchell freeway). Normally takes me about 40 minutes home by bus. Well today I got on the bus at 4.45pm... at 8.05pm, after travelling less than a third of the way home and taking 2 hours to go about 100 metres, I ended up getting of the bus and walking half an hour to the train station. Finally got home at 9pm
ohhhhhh, that's bad!

The other day I took 2 hours, partly due to an accident on the freeway(the one time I do take the Kwinana fwy, accident in the middle of the city grrr) and all traffic lights on red, but I also got petrol, did the shopping and brought dvds back inbetween

Saw the water mess on the news before. South Perth businesses and underground garages flooded too

Last edited by Simone; May 13th 2005 at 1:51 pm.
Old May 13th 2005, 2:13 pm
Formerly Windsurfer UK

windsurfer WA is an unknown quantity at this point

Water main has burst.

Quickest trip ever! The bus lane was still open south from the city to Murdoch park and ride all other lanes closed hence, no traffic. Went past the water main burst, what a mess!! Hope its the same on Monday!! Though why did they not open the central bus lane to cars to ease the chaos that I saw from the bus?
Regards windsurfer W A
Old May 13th 2005, 3:48 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by saraliz
Total nightmare, sent ya some K, that sounds like the kinda havoc when it snowed for 4 hours here two years back, not a road in the south east was moving, all from just 4 hours of snow!
Old May 13th 2005, 11:38 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulf
Total nightmare, sent ya some K, that sounds like the kinda havoc when it snowed for 4 hours here two years back, not a road in the south east was moving, all from just 4 hours of snow!
Took me 2 hours instead of 45 mins....