Reload this Page >

missing pukka tukka??

missing pukka tukka??

Old Feb 14th 2004, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

shoppingarcade is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Anyone missing pukka tukka??

Thanks for looking!!

Anyone out there missing british food - whilst in Oz or anywhere else for that matter?? I am hoping to set up a expats-shoppingarcade where you can buy british food and clothes online. But due to not having enough cash to do it outright - I need to get some feed back from people as to whether or not they would be interested, what they would be looking for and of course - if they would use the site!

Any feedback you guys have on this matter would be greatly appreciated. P.S It raining and cold here in ol' England so hope your not missing it too much!!

Thanks again for your comments - Chell

Last edited by shoppingarcade; Feb 14th 2004 at 9:20 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 9:32 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone missing pukka tukka??

Originally posted by shoppingarcade
Thanks for looking!!

Anyone out there missing british food - whilst in Oz or anywhere else for that matter?? I am hoping to set up a expats-shoppingarcade where you can buy british food and clothes online. But due to not having enough cash to do it outright - I need to get some feed back from people as to whether or not they would be interested, what they would be looking for and of course - if they would use the site!

Any feedback you guys have on this matter would be greatly appreciated. P.S It raining and cold here in ol' England so hope your not missing it too much!!

think you will find there are already sites that do this...cant remember addresses off the top of me head....but they sell the stuff you cant get in Oz. mainly food i think though, so the m & s knickers might go down a storm!!!!!!!!!!

good luck!!
Sue
Old Feb 15th 2004, 1:24 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

www.pukkatukka.com seems to have been nabbed already (unless it was you ), but I racked my brain the size of a pea and came up with www.koshnosh.com - which is still available. No payment (to me) required, it's all part of the service.

Search results for: koshnosh *

Available:
koshnosh.com koshnosh.net
koshnosh.org koshnosh.biz
koshnosh.info koshnosh.us
koshnosh.ws koshnosh.tv
koshnosh.cc

http://www.register.com/whois.cgi?1|3818408252|&vhost_name=koshnosh
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

shoppingarcade is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
www.pukkatukka.com seems to have been nabbed already (unless it was you ), but I racked my brain the size of a pea and came up with www.koshnosh.com - which is still available. No payment (to me) required, it's all part of the service.

Search results for: koshnosh *

Available:
koshnosh.com koshnosh.net
koshnosh.org koshnosh.biz
koshnosh.info koshnosh.us
koshnosh.ws koshnosh.tv
koshnosh.cc

http://www.register.com/whois.cgi?1|3818408252|&vhost_name=koshnosh
Thanks for the tips - will continue looking at making a go of this - all responses are welcome
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I looked into doing this when i lived in NZ...the main problem with it is the cost of the products to those living down here. It means that things end up way too expensive for the average buyer, and even those that could afford it would be less likely to want to pay double price for something, and using Aus/Nz dollars makes it even worse!!

good luck though if you still wanna do it
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:53 pm
Merlot

Originally posted by podgypossum
I looked into doing this when i lived in NZ...the main problem with it is the cost of the products to those living down here. It means that things end up way too expensive for the average buyer, and even those that could afford it would be less likely to want to pay double price for something, and using Aus/Nz dollars makes it even worse!!

good luck though if you still wanna do it
This is sound advice as I have seen many places come and go here.

Lots of sweet shops here that have an "Expat" corner but it is not their bread and butter stuff.

I think that expats tend to adapt to the local food, drinks and clothes and after a while will not pay a premium for imported goodies from home. Just my obervations.

Good luck.

Merlot

Old Feb 20th 2004, 12:08 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

except maybe the marmite

Originally posted by Merlot
I think that expats tend to adapt to the local food, drinks and clothes and after a while will not pay a premium for imported goodies from home. Just my obervations.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 12:23 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Merlot

Lots of sweet shops here that have an "Expat" corner but it is not their bread and butter stuff.

Mmmm Hovis and Lurpak....
Old Feb 20th 2004, 12:36 am
Merlot

Originally posted by jayr
Mmmm Hovis and Lurpak....
For Lurpak

www.shopfast.com.au

They used to sell it.

Also found it at Harris Farm Fruit Shops - Erina Fair, NSW. Keep your eyes posted at deli's.

Yummy on toast. Double the price of normal butter in Oz but worth it!!!!

Merlot

Old Feb 20th 2004, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I love that new stuff called Logical that is supposed to stop the absorbtion of cholestorol, but its VERY expensive.

A cheaper alternative thats really nice is Meadowlea cholestorol free.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:45 am
owieb

Default Re: Anyone missing pukka tukka??

Originally posted by shoppingarcade
Thanks for looking!!

Someone else posted about doing this a few weeks ago and from what I can remember people weren't too interested in the idea.

A lot of the food you can get in the supermarkets anyway, I can't think of anything that I used to like in the UK and can't get here. Plus you soon adapt to the Australian food and products. I certainly wouldn't pay a premium price to have a UK brand.

There is a sweet shop down in Hillarys which sells UK stuff, they charge just over $7 for a box of 12 jaffa cakes! I honestly can't believe anyone who is living here will pay that kind of money for 12 biscuits?

When you're earning Australian dollars it's a totally different story.