Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

missing our friends!

missing our friends!

Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

owenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really nice
Cool missing our friends!

Hi guys, my wife Linsey and I have been living on the Sunshine Coast for about 6 months. We're loving it here (how can you not?!), but we're starting to miss our friends and the social scene we left behind!
We're very friendly twentysomethings and starting to wonder whats wrong with us........checked our deodorant and breath............. but finding it harder than we thought to meet new friends!
Not done this forum thing before, but thought it would be a good start for any advice and ideas on how to expand our social network.
There must be others out there who have been through the same experiences?
Any advice?
Cheers,
Owen and Linz
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: missing our friends!

Originally Posted by owenj
Hi guys, my wife Linsey and I have been living on the Sunshine Coast for about 6 months. We're loving it here (how can you not?!), but we're starting to miss our friends and the social scene we left behind!
We're very friendly twentysomethings and starting to wonder whats wrong with us........checked our deodorant and breath............. but finding it harder than we thought to meet new friends!
Not done this forum thing before, but thought it would be a good start for any advice and ideas on how to expand our social network.
Any advice?
Cheers,
Owen and Linz

Hi to you both

Welcome to the mad world of BE.

Have a look round the site and join in, you'll make loads of friends on here.

Also take a look at this part of the site http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95 for a meet near you, you will be made to feel very welcome I'm sure.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Any advice?
Cheers,
Owen and Linz

Reading your message was very spooky, it would have been written by us - we're having exactly the same experience, but in Sydney! We've been here for 4 months and are really missing having some friends to hang out with. If only you were nearer, we could definitely meet up! My advice would be to post a message about a meet up. I posted a message one about a meet up in Sydney and we're going to one tomorrow and have another in the pipeline, so I'd definitely give that a try.

Good luck!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

owenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really niceowenj is just really nice

Thanks katherinious and wendy. I hope the meet ups go well for you in Sydney katherinious. Had a quick look through the link you posted Wendy, and it seems there have been a fair few meet ups in our neck of the woods, should have checked out this site earlier!
So when these meet ups are posted, are they usually invitation to all members hear, including strangers like ourselves? I'm sure thats the point of them but just checking!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks katherinious and wendy. I hope the meet ups go well for you in Sydney katherinious. Had a quick look through the link you posted Wendy, and it seems there have been a fair few meet ups in our neck of the woods, should have checked out this site earlier!
So when these meet ups are posted, are they usually invitation to all members hear, including strangers like ourselves? I'm sure thats the point of them but just checking!

Yes, everyone welcome.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

helenandandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=owenj] hi to you both. we emigrating....that is me...helen, husband andrew, kids, imogen, 10, jude, 6, alicia, 4 and scarlett 18mths.... to coolum beach on 16th jan 07. that is one of my worries at not meeting anyone! where abouts are you? may cu next year. helen
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Helen,
We're in Mooloolaba so just up the road. You've picked a wonderful part of the world to be emigrating to. If you are in need of some friendly faces when you get here, just let us know.
I think you'll have no problems meeting people, since having four children gives you ready made access to many other parents and families through all their schooling and activities. It is difficult though if you are leaving really good friends behind, just need to get them to visit and then they'll want to move over to join you!