Missing money??

Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Missing money??

Just wondered if anyone else has transfered money on here through UKFOREX?

We have and its left our bank here in the UK and UKFOREX have not received it.

Rang our bank and its left our account

They dont know where it is.

What the hell do I do....so stressed.....Why is nothing ever simple.

Has anyone else had money missing and managed to sort it out....please ease my worries.

Hubby can not ring until tonight so it going to be a long day.

LibbyX
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Missing money??

Libby
Sorry to hear this, I am sure it will be found and returned however, it may take a few days and I know this will be a worrying time for you but try and hang in there
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Many of us have used them and they've been really helpful and efficient.

Can you cross-check the account details they sent you with the account the money was transferred to and whether there may be a discrepancy. If this isn't the problem and your bank says the transfer was istantaneous then try calling UKForex again - they're usually incredibly helpful.

Last edited by flip; Jul 9th 2008 at 10:17 am. Reason: Hadn't read the initial post properly
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:16 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

A similar thing has happened to me when transferring money from my UK bank account to one of my European bank accounts.

It's probably just sitting in a clearing house because of something that someone couldn't read on the transfer form. If it can't be delivered (perhaps because there is ambiguity over the instructions at some point along the line), it will find its way back to you but, depending on how this is handled, it may take a day or more.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will get sorted out. Inconvenient, certainly, but you won't loose your money.

- CDM
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:25 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY

Has anyone else had money missing and managed to sort it out....please ease my worries.

LibbyX
How long has it been since your UK bank transferred it ?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:27 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Don't stress, it'll be OK. We used them, took a day or two but worked OK.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:04 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

LibbyX
this happened to us 6 years ago when we fiirst came to oz. 20000 left the uk and 12 days later it arrived. it simply dissappeared.uk bank said it left and oz bank didnt receive it. all the numbers were correct. it was very worrying.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:14 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered if anyone else has transfered money on here through UKFOREX?...
Did you send it via CHAPS or BACS...? The former is pretty well instant (~1 hour) the latter can take 3 or 4 days... How long ago did you initiate the transfer...?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Libby, it happened to us a few months ago and we just had to keep chasing them up.We got our money in the end the day before the house sale went through!You will get it in the end as it is out there somewhere.Hope it is sorted soon.Sue.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks you lot

The worrying thing is that we did 2 transfers on the same day and one went through no problems at all.

Why doesnt anything just go the way its supposed to....always battling to get there if you know what I mean.

LibbyX
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:53 pm

mgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of light

LibbyX

Hi Libby,

I am Matt Gilmour the MD of both UKFOREX and OzForex, I can assure you the funds will turn up and there will be a logical explanation if they have been delayed.

I will PM you to get your surname so I can track down your account with us and review the correspondence with our dealers. Please dont stress we do over 14,000 transfers per month, are a subsidiary of a major Australian Bank and have never lost client funds!

If anybody is having issues with our service please call me direct on +61 2 8667 8024. These transfers should be simple, worry free and save you money - if we don't tick all those boxes for you I am happy to get involved.

Regards,
Matt

Last edited by mgilmour; Jul 9th 2008 at 9:58 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mgilmour
Hi Libby,

I am Matt Gilmour the MD of both UKFOREX and OzForex, I can assure you the funds will turn up and there will be a logical explanation if they have been delayed.

I will PM you to get your surname so I can track down your account with us and review the correspondence with our dealers. Please dont stress we do over 14,000 transfers per month, are a subsidiary of a major Australian Bank and have never lost client funds!

If anybody is having issues with our service please call me direct on +61 2 8667 8024. These transfers should be simple, worry free and save you money - if we don't tick all those boxes for you I am happy to get involved.

Regards,
Matt
What a great post.
You didn't have to repy - but good on you for doing so.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:09 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

LibbyX
Don't worry your money will turn up. We have had large sums of money disappear into a black hole for 3 weeks before now with no explanations as to why. One bank just stating they had sent it and the other stating they hadn't received it.

If all the supposed lost money ended up in an account earning interest for a number of days and then appeared again - someone could be making a lot of money in interest with other peoples money - just a thought!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Matt

I have PMed you, thankyou.

Hubby rang last night and they said the funds have arrived yesterday

Checked our account this morning, but not there yet

Will keep checking today.

Thanks to all for your replies.

LibbyX
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

MONEY IN THE AUSTRALIAN BANK

LibbyX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.