Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Missing items when shipped over

Missing items when shipped over

Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

MERCAT will become famous soon enough
Default Missing items when shipped over

Has anyone had items missing from their container when they were packed in the UK and shipped over to Oz?

We have, OH had some tools which went missing enroute and my sister's OH had his flight jacket taken from one of their boxes!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:26 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing items when shipped over

We lost 2 car ipod chargers, a socket set and some bedding
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Yep but only noticed as we have been living here and realised certain things werent here with us, mostly DVD's and small stuff.

We moved with John Masons.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

We used John Masons as well and yes, we had silly stuff disapear - a fancy dress wig (which my DH witnessed one of them wearing at one point...!) and my Rubik's cube to name two things I know for a fact were there to be packed and not got rid of.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

MERCAT will become famous soon enough

QUOTE=ianhutch1;8106820]Yep but only noticed as we have been living here and realised certain things werent here with us, mostly DVD's and small stuff.

We moved with John Masons.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, when I come to remember it, we had some DVD's missing as well, though we had left them in the UK. The other strange thing is that we also used John Masons
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

We had quite a decent DVD collection (500+) and we think around 10 went walkabouts, not enough to kick off about but annoying all the same.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

I had quite a few dvd's missing but didn't use john Masons.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
We used John Masons as well and yes, we had silly stuff disapear - a fancy dress wig (which my DH witnessed one of them wearing at one point...!) and my Rubik's cube to name two things I know for a fact were there to be packed and not got rid of.
You can get a new one from here: https://v-cubes.com/ecom/home.php?cat=248

Try the 7x7.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

that's why we are packing our own stuff, in fact even tho not going for 6 months most is packed and stored now as we sold the house!

I know we cannot insure for damages only total loss but the way we have packed is alot better than the so called 'pros' plus there are no theft opportunities now apart from Customs and AQIS in Oz!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:35 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the couple of dozen damaged/destroyed articles we also missed several items - but like everyone else only realised they'd gone missing after quite a while.

They can get away with it if they are not too greedy - by the time the things are missed and then confirmed missing (and who has the time to sort through thousands of things) the time for claims is long past.

If I did it again - please god, no! - I would try and insure total loss only and bear the cost of breakages myself. Our claim was for thousands and just about recovered the premium, leaving us with all the broken items - at nil cost!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

I went JM's too and there has been a few things missing - nothing major, some aftershave, bedding and just bits that my son keeps remembering... but its wierd cos all the boxes were sealed up and signed and didnt look tampered with and i would have trusted the packers with my life.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

spence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nice

My wife lost some jewelry on the way over. On the way back the DVD player and screens for the car went walkabout
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

So at what stage do you think the items go missing?
  • Packing at your house
  • On the ship
  • Other side - customs
Packing would seem the most obvious time. I don't want my gadgets and other things ziked.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 6:46 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
So at what stage do you think the items go missing?
  • Packing at your house
  • On the ship
  • Other side - customs
Packing would seem the most obvious time. I don't want my gadgets and other things ziked.
Probably at Aquis, when they un- and re-pack.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Probably at Aquis, when they un- and re-pack.

I agree

The only thing that went missing was a jacket of mine and it was in the only box opened by customs!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.