Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

missin link....goodbye

Wikiposts

missin link....goodbye

Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Exact same thing happened to us & we were desperate or would have to book a trip to validate. Decided we couldn't wait for our buyers and put the house back on the market - at a slightly reduced price. By the end of the following week we had two offers from people ready to proceed, then at the eleventh hour our original buyers also sold again. We felt obliged to go with them as they'd been through the same heartache as us with the collapsed sale and all the paperwork for our sale was in place. Anyway we'd booked return tickets by then as everything was up in the air. We eventually left the UK after contracts had been exchanged and a few days before completion - going one way!

Your buyers sound keen so if you're not in a terrible rush like we were, hope they come through, but be prepared to put the house back on the market just in case!

Wishing you the best of luck

Loopy
Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Boomie,

Everythings crossed, keep your chin up,

Michaela
Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:13 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: missin link....goodbye

Originally posted by Boomie
our buyer's buyer has pulled out.....

they are gutted and have their house back on market 2K less....

andy has had coffee with em this afternoon......

they still want the house desp.

they are tryin like mad to see what they can do..... they have contacted 4 peeps who were interested from b4....

they even mentioned a bridgin loan....

even so...... im so ****in pissed off.....

love boomie
xx

Im gutted foryas.

It should work like scotland or australia, where when you put offer in you cant back out...

We still have had no luck

Hope all goes well love steve n debs
Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Read something yesterday that said many UK contracts are collapsing, not exactly market has crashed headlines but people are getting very cautious with what they will pay, and pulling out if they think they can now get cheaper. UK system certainly allows a lot of loopholes. I dont know this market that well, but the amount of UK stuff for sale and stuff for sale for over 6 months is not giving the right signals IMO, caution seems to be on everyones lips, not dont buy more like be careful with what you pay, and the UK system allows people to pull out if they think the market is changing

Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:37 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Read something yesterday that said many UK contracts are collapsing, not exactly market has crashed headlines but people are getting very cautious with what they will pay, and pulling out if they think they can now get cheaper. UK system certainly allows a lot of loopholes. I dont know this market that well, but the amount of UK stuff for sale and stuff for sale for over 6 months is not giving the right signals IMO, caution seems to be on everyones lips, not dont buy more like be careful with what you pay, and the UK system allows people to pull out if they think the market is changing

Problem with the UK system, and < very well aware is many fold.

But :
Borrowing CAPACITY is set ridiculously High, which inevitably impacts upon house prices.

When we first bought it was 1.5 times main earners wage

Now its sumat like 3 times your joint income, may have exaggerated but its not far from the truth.

Also if buying a house is so precious and complicated and drawn out, WHY do we allow a system where ppl can back out at a moments notice.

I did a thread months ago on the BUYER form hell, and we had the prick !!!

The system in uk, which has now been prevalent for a few years, is 2nd purchase homes, ie owning more than one property. This has led to landlordism and rape of starter homes.

It should be banned or the pricks doing it should pay Capital gains tax at a rate of 55% to disuade their greedy little fingers phookn the market up.

Possibly these and many other reasons are why WE are leaving the uk, to possibly give our kids a slightly better chance of one day affording a home !

Steve
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Aw Boomie........ deliberatly didn't ask cos didn't want to tempt fate......I'm sorry

Me and others on Expats are keeping everything crossed. Hope it all pans out for you my friend. Keep on smiling cos it will sell....eventually and hopefully soon

Thinking of you and hoping it all works out for you.

Fingers crossed
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Sending you heaps of cyber hugs.

I have a feeling that things will work out soon!

Kepp your chin up

pockygoes
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Boomie

Sorry to hear about your buyer problems. Fingers crossed they get it sorted over the next couple of weeks and everything is back on course
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Just spotted this on page 2.

Absolutley gutted for you both - what a shit situation

I'm sure it will all turn out OK!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:15 am
Go Banana's !!

Best of luck guys my thoughts are with you

Jill

Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:15 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Boomie

Sorry to hear about your buyers

I hope it all gets sorted keep us all informed we're all with you

Nikki x
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:20 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

aw Boomie, what a nightmare,

this seems to be happening to almost everyone i know lately.......you have come this far hun, only this major hurdle to get over and youre there, it will be worth it in the end, just hang on in there, we all have our fingers crossed for you!

Anyone in the know......
Is this a sign that the housing market is gonna crash soon then or what? Has it just got to the point now that prices are so high that no-one can afford to buy a house anymore? This keeps happening to everyone i seem to have spoken to and its not good is it, some people i know have been stuck in a chain for months and their house what they are buying has been put up in price and they have had to drop out, what a nightmare, you dont need it do you!!!

laura
xxxxx
Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:17 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

We are now on telephone and first name terms with our buyers.....

had two text messages from him today......

readin.....

Lisa, thanks for being so kind and understanding ov our problem. It's nice to know there are still goodm genuine people about.

and....

We have 3 viewings this weekend. So we should get an offer quite quickand get things moving asap. Thanks again.

I have replied to him........

ure welcome.....Andy sed he would give ure move a call this mornin and put them in the pic. Hope that you didn't mind andy droppin by, Im glad he did now.... it's put both our minds at rest....yeah!!!! He came back and sed the same thing about u guys...Im sure it wont b long b4 were on track again..... be pos.....lisa x p.s. andy ses that you would like our table and chairs...... consider them ures!!

.................................................. ........

Thank you everyone who has take time to read my post...... and andy really appreciate all the sincere wishes that followed....

love boomie
xx
Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hang on in there and sounds like things will work themselves out ok

all best with everything

Teresa x
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:15 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Only just logged on. Sorry to hear your news, Lisa and Andy. Your buyers sound well sorted and certainly aren't stringing you along like some of the bu**ers I had putting offers on my house last year. I feel positive things will be on the move again very shortly. Good luck.

Hugs
Sarah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.