Miss friends?

Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice
Default Miss friends?

Hey, i am one half of a childless couple in their late twenties (ok, i turned 30 last January and still having trouble saying it!).

We live in Frankston but visit the city often and miss the social side of having friends! We have been here 9 months and havent really gone out and met anyone yet.

I am suffering from really bad bouts of homesickness and have decided that i 'need to get out there' and take my mind off home and start getting on with things out here...

If you are in the same situation as us and fancy meeting for a beer/wine/vodka sometime let us know and PM me...

(this sounds like a lonely hearts column! )
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Miss friends?

Hi!! Shame youre not on the Goldie, you could have come on the Surfers booze up next weekend!! I am looking forward to an adult only night too!!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi LittleHobo

I know it's really hard to get that circle of friends back when you move over.

As you are in Melbourne check out the Britvics site. There is a meet on the 30th August at Albert Park.

Plus don't know if you work or not but some of us have a meet every 5-6 weeks. It's a book club but we don't discuss books, we have coffee (and cake if we must ) and then swap books. It started because books are sooo expensive here! Anyway, it's a good way to meet a few people without having to face a huge crowd. The next one is 27th August in Mornington.

Look out for Buzzy's curry nights as well. Unfortunately we couldn't make it to the last one as we came back from the UK with flu!

take care

Kim
Old Aug 15th 2008, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

Hi Kim, thanks for your reply... i did look at the curry thread but i didnt think it had a date etc? Will run back and check .

Like the idea of the book club! I noticed how expensive they are and get them shipped over from the bookdepository.com... Where abouts in Mornington is it and what time?? Wednesdays are good for me as OH works nights...

Thanks, Kate
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate

Yes, I nearly fainted when I bought my first paperback out here!

We are meeting probably at The Rocks (the restaurant down by the pier) on 27th August at 10.30.

Keep an eye out on Britvics, it's pinned at the top of general discussion for an updates or just pm me near the time.

Hope you can make it!

Kim
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

i cant make it as i have to work.... do you meet up in evenings???

I have found a friend with the same taste in books with me so doing a good old swap session with her at the moment.. but thinking of introducing a book swap at work for more variety

Kate
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Kate

That's a shame.

We don't normally do them in the evenings but you never know!

By the way, if anyone else reads this thread it's now at Main Sail in Main St.

Might bump into you somewhere else then!

Kim
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

Howdy, myself and the self appointed mrs are always up for a beer or 3. weve been out here a year now and in the process of buying a place in yarraville but the cbd is as good a place as any for drinks.

we've got a pretty hectic few weeks ahead (because of said house) but im sure we'd be up for a meet in town when times suit. fridays and saturdays are good for us as we both start early in the week. let me know ig you fancy it, and we'll sort something out.

Neil!

Originally Posted by LittleHobo
Hey, i am one half of a childless couple in their late twenties (ok, i turned 30 last January and still having trouble saying it!).

We live in Frankston but visit the city often and miss the social side of having friends! We have been here 9 months and havent really gone out and met anyone yet.

I am suffering from really bad bouts of homesickness and have decided that i 'need to get out there' and take my mind off home and start getting on with things out here...

If you are in the same situation as us and fancy meeting for a beer/wine/vodka sometime let us know and PM me...

(this sounds like a lonely hearts column! )