Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mint sauce and fire works

mint sauce and fire works

Old Dec 14th 2006, 4:28 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default mint sauce and fire works

can anyone tell me were i can buy mint sauce (for lamb)from i looked in coles and Woolworth's but no joy .

also were can you buy fire works i was thinking about getting some for new year but cant find them are they used over here ?

thanks

Lisa
Old Dec 14th 2006, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mint sauce and fire works

Originally Posted by frogboy
can anyone tell me were i can buy mint sauce (for lamb)from i looked in coles and Woolworth's but no joy .

also were can you buy fire works i was thinking about getting some for new year but cant find them are they used over here ?

thanks

Lisa

Hi can't answer your mint sauce question, but as far as fireworks are concerned, you will find that you won't be able to buy them, as they are banned in australia. The only place you'll see them is at an organised event.

Regards
Old Dec 14th 2006, 4:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

Lisa
You will find mint sauce in Woolworths near the tomato ketchup and bbq sauces.

Don't think you can buy fireworks here, believe it is illegal.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 4:46 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Mint sauce isn't with the sauces and gravy in Coles, it's elsewhere... I can't remember where now, but I asked an assistant last week and she found some for me. Alternatively you can buy mint and make your own.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 5:31 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: mint sauce and fire works

Cornwell's Thick Mint Sauce was always my favourite; available at Coles and Woolies.

Incidentally, Perth now has an Internet grocery store. You can shop 24/7 and have goods delivered to your door. I have no idea how the prices compare to the supermarkets, and I don't know what they charge for delivery, but for Poms in Perth it could be worth a try.

thanks

Lisa
Banned for some years now. Which is a shame, as I always used to love the annual ritual of stocking up on fireworks and watching them blast all over the place on Bonfire Night. It was one of the highlights of my childhood years in Tassie.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 6:40 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

There's a nice deli in Toowong Village shopping centre that sells Colemans Mint Sauce (as well as Yorkshire Tea and stuff). Through the food court to the escalator and the deli is on the left hand side before the escalator.
Sorry can't help with the fireworks but as a few posters have said am sure they are only allowed for organised displays.

Loz x
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

what you need to do to get fireworks is to find one of those Kwik-E-Marts that sells illegal fireworks from a back room behind one of the fridges... but remember to disguise your desire for fireworks by asking for top self magazines and condoms....

hey, it worked for Homer J Simpson!!! hehehehehe
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Cornwell's Thick Mint Sauce was always my favourite; available at Coles and Woolies.

Incidentally, Perth now has an Internet grocery store. You can shop 24/7 and have goods delivered to your door. I have no idea how the prices compare to the supermarkets, and I don't know what they charge for delivery, but for Poms in Perth it could be worth a try.

Banned for some years now. Which is a shame, as I always used to love the annual ritual of stocking up on fireworks and watching them blast all over the place on Bonfire Night. It was one of the highlights of my childhood years in Tassie.
I prefer the thick variety of mint sauce too. Mixed with some garlic and olive oil makes a great marinade for lamb.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:40 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Mint sauce isn't with the sauces and gravy in Coles, it's elsewhere... E]

The mint sauce in the Coles stores near here is sold in the same area as pickles (i.e pickled gherkins, pickled onions etc etc).

Happy shopping!
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:23 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
Mint sauce isn't with the sauces and gravy in Coles, it's elsewhere... E]

The mint sauce in the Coles stores near here is sold in the same area as pickles (i.e pickled gherkins, pickled onions etc etc).

Happy shopping!

That's where it is. Thanks binbird.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:30 am

gedge has disabled reputation

thanks

Lisa
i was led to believe that fireworks can be purchased in the ACT (the same apparently goes for literature of a certain persuasion for adults with very open minds)
can anyone confirm or deny this? the fireworks bit not the other
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I don't like Australian mint sauce as it hasn't got enough mint for me so I get Baxters mint sauce from David Jones's foodhall.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the husband who family are life long connessiours (sp) of all forms of mint sauce the last one I found is fantastic. It is called Fountain Mint Sauce, is very minty and just the right amount of vinegar etc. I get it from Coles and it's next to bbq sauces, mustard etc. They do a thicker one but that is a bit odd apparently - not a sauce but not a jelly. - Do I care? Do I f***
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
According to the husband who family are life long connessiours (sp) of all forms of mint sauce the last one I found is fantastic. It is called Fountain Mint Sauce, is very minty and just the right amount of vinegar etc. I get it from Coles and it's next to bbq sauces, mustard etc. They do a thicker one but that is a bit odd apparently - not a sauce but not a jelly. - Do I care? Do I f***
Ditto, on all counts.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:42 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Yup, fountain is what we mainly get too. Although there is one in a shorter bottle with a skipping girl on it and that one isnt bad either...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.