Mini Cooper....

Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:54 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mini Cooper....

Hi.

Does anyone own a mini cooper in Australia and if so how easy are they to get hold of and how much do they cost?
I m talking about around the Gold Coast area....i promised my 18 year old daughter she could have one when we come over...which she reminded me of the other day!
Thanks.
Janice.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:41 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mini Cooper....

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Hi.

Does anyone own a mini cooper in Australia and if so how easy are they to get hold of and how much do they cost?
I m talking about around the Gold Coast area....i promised my 18 year old daughter she could have one when we come over...which she reminded me of the other day!
Thanks.
Janice.
CarSales
Drive
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:41 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

Thanks.
Janice.
I assume you are talking abouth the new BMW Mini??

There is a showroom in Brisbane http://www.brisbane.minigarage.com.au/
Cost new for a base model Cooper is $31,100

Personally, I would save yourself some money and go for a Suzuki Swift or similar - people just don't drive Mini's out here! Too expensive for what they are - in every way!!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Thanks.
Janice.
They are readily available here. I think there is a Mini dealer in Perth - it's separate from BMW but owned by them. There are a fair few around. Thet are not really for me, although the Mini Cooper S is pretty good.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:13 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
I assume you are talking abouth the new BMW Mini??

There is a showroom in Brisbane http://www.brisbane.minigarage.com.au/
Cost new for a base model Cooper is $31,100

Personally, I would save yourself some money and go for a Suzuki Swift or similar - people just don't drive Mini's out here! Too expensive for what they are - in every way!!

Why on earth would anyone who could afford a Mini Cooper choose a Suziki Swift instead It's like saying "oh that firebalde looks nice, but I think I'll just get that old CX500 instead. We had a Cooper in England and it was excellent. I'd love another one but would go for the 'S' this time around if I was getting one.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
They are readily available here. I think there is a Mini dealer in Perth - it's separate from BMW but owned by them. There are a fair few around. Thet are not really for me, although the Mini Cooper S is pretty good.
A friend in the UK has a Cooper S Works - it goes like shit off a stick! Not sure if it's available over here.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:09 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A friend in the UK has a Cooper S Works - it goes like shit off a stick! Not sure if it's available over here.
Have seen one in Brisbane - parked in the car park of an apt we looked at a couple of weeks ago - so, guess they are available, either that, or it was imported!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:13 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Have seen one in Brisbane - parked in the car park of an apt we looked at a couple of weeks ago - so, guess they are available, either that, or it was imported!
personally i think there way way overated crap

why ??

had two
one on the day they were launched in the uk and one when they replaced the first one six months later both were so unreliable that hey spent more time in the garage than on my drive
in the end bm were good enough to call it quits and refund all my money

having said that when it was on the road it was bloody good fun
for the same brass you could get into a scoobie wrx now that is fun
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:14 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Thanks.
Janice.
Yeah the new BMW ones are here a plenty. Seen quite a few dealers on the Goldie.

I would absolutely god damn love one....but I can't afford one So I'm having a Yaris

I haven't seen many second hand Mini about, I was looking for one but the prices were very very high on the ones I did see.

Hope you got a lot of pennies saved!

I Minis..ooh I'm so jealous
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:14 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

If you love the car then they are available here, however the "cool" factor is lost on most Australians who could general care less about the car you or they drive.

Also the way they drive over here it will probably get a few dents within the first year which will tear you apart I'm sure. You might also want to check if there are any restrictions on her driving it on her P plates.

Last edited by bigAPE; Feb 11th 2008 at 7:16 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:17 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o

[having said that when it was on the road it was bloody good fun
They are THE BEST FUN!

I prefer the old ones to the BMW's though. Not that I'd turn either down!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Thanks.
Janice.
Ahhh, it puts a smile on your face even driving to the shops in one!!

Good luck, I had two in the UK, make sure you get the new model, the MK2, it has the new UK built engine, 6 speed gearbox and more poke and power than the MK1, ahh I'd love to have one here in Wellington, would be SOOOOO much fun but are quite expensive in NZ too, will just stick to my Alfa though
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:59 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigAPE
If you love the car then they are available here, however the "cool" factor is lost on most Australians who could general care less about the car you or they drive.

Also the way they drive over here it will probably get a few dents within the first year which will tear you apart I'm sure. You might also want to check if there are any restrictions on her driving it on her P plates.
"Cool Factor"? ... it's a Beemer, it don't get much more lukewarm than that.

Aussies don't care what car you drive? How about the pointless Holden vs Ford debate (US vs US ) or the 'No Jap Crap' stickers beloved of some 'ute drivers?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:06 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
"Cool Factor"? ... it's a Beemer, it don't get much more lukewarm than that.

Aussies don't care what car you drive? How about the pointless Holden vs Ford debate (US vs US ) or the 'No Jap Crap' stickers beloved of some 'ute drivers?
on the back of a toyota ute
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:12 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
on the back of a toyota ute
Yeh, I like the way people put down Chinese goods and every gadget in their house is made there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.