Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mindarie - Perth. Anyone got any info ??

Mindarie - Perth. Anyone got any info ??

Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:30 pm
joveazey

Default Mindarie - Perth. Anyone got any info ??

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone knows what it is like in Mindarie. I have been looking at houses on all the websites and it looks like they are cheaper than other coastal suburbs. I assume that is because it's further from the city. Does anyone know how far it is from there to Kingsley/Greenwood in a car. Just trying to find somewhere near the coast that's not too far from family in Greenwood. Thanks.

Jo

Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mindarie - Perth. Anyone got any info ??

Originally Posted by joveazey
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone knows what it is like in Mindarie. I have been looking at houses on all the websites and it looks like they are cheaper than other coastal suburbs. I assume that is because it's further from the city. Does anyone know how far it is from there to Kingsley/Greenwood in a car. Just trying to find somewhere near the coast that's not too far from family in Greenwood. Thanks.

Jo

Mindarie is a VERY nice suburb and it would probably take you about 20/25 minutes to get to Kingsley. It has a lot of two story homes there and can be quite pricey. There is a lovely pub there called The Boat and that sits on Mindarie Keys where all the boats are moored up. There are some seriously large pads on the waterfront too!!

There are plenty of lovely suburbs around here, it's easier to say which ones to stay away from than it is which ones to head for. Even the not so nice areas are nowhere near as rough as the not so nice areas in the UK!

Try looking at Hilarys, Mullaloo, Kallaroo, Iluka just for starters, they are all on the coastal strip and about 20/30 minutes drive from the city.