Reload this Page >

Military transfer

Military transfer

Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

biscuit63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Military transfer

Originally Posted by glm36
Thanks, When do you think you'll be off down under? Are you taking your family with you?(if your married).

I'm pretty sure Sue replied to me in Apr confirming that she had received my application forms, it was june 04 the last time i heard from her regarding my application being with the trade assessors. The only thing i worry about is if they have some how mislaid my application froms?

I'm actually toying with the idea of sending everything again, but, may just hold back until the summer. I've posted recent course reports that i completed at Xmas.

I'd hate to be in the Pte's shoes dealing with the applications, like you said they sound as if they need an 'old' shiny! to help out.

Cheers

Gary
We're off in August all being well, heading for Adelaide or Melbourne?

There are at least 10 people I know (all RAOC/RLC) that have been accepted and are either there or in the process of leaving soon, 2 have been given places next year (jun 06 onwards).

Sue left at Christmas and the Robert took over in February but before that Sue was away from her desk from Oct to 10 Dec so there has been a huge gap when nothing has happened and really Robert has been put into the job with little or no idea on what to do and he has to catch up with work since Oct! I suppose we all know that feeling!!!

Like I said your best to leave it a couple of months and then start chasing them but Robert is under 'pressure'. I'm sure they put all applications onto a database so yours may still be on there somewhere. I've emailed Robert several times but he has never replied so I always end up phoning him but even then I think he's chasing his own arse most of the time.

What are you hoping to transfer into? I guess that it won't be RAAOC unless you've got some Sup Con/Spec or MTI training?

Cheers

Biscuit63
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

glm36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Military transfer

Originally Posted by thebluearmy
Hi Gary,

I had pretty much the same problem as ureself. During my application I had 3 different Overseas Transfers Clerks which caused bit of a nitmemare. Sue, who as just left actually sorted things out a great deal because her predecessor was useless and out of thier depth and it sounds like this new bloke could be going the same way. My application got 2 the point where I had my job offer on the table only for Sue later to tell me that they couldnt actually find any application form 4 me. I had previously sent two off. A bit of advice i would give is photocopy every little thing u do and dont be afaid 2 keep pestering them. At the end of the day, they can be pickie with who they want so its up to u to let them know ure keen. I actually got my first correspondence back from SCMA saying they had vacancies within 2 weeks of sending off my application.

Once u do get accepted the package to get u 2 OZ is brilliant. Buisness class flts 4 all dependants, with hotels paid 4 in London and stopover destination. 2 nites 4 me in Kuala Lumpar in a 5 star hotel. All removals paid for with Pickfards, this includes both air and sea freight. All monies paid out for visas etc refunded. And lovely big quarters, 4 bedroom house and double garage on the other side.

It really does make u realise that u r on the other side on the world when ure watchin ure letterbox waiting 4 mail from SCMA but i found the best way is probably using email or by phone.

Good luck and if u`ve any more questions, feel three to ask

Craig
Thanks for your answer, you've pretty much mind my mind up to dig out my previous application and re-send it to the SCMA. I don't want to start ringing up just yet, I've done pressure jobs and know what it's like if the phone is going all the time!

What I'll do is send it off and wait for 3 months and see if i get an answer to the 2nd attempt. I actually was going to put my name forward for long look this summer but, have had to withdraw it due to me getting a posting order to move in July!

Have you moved down under yet? if so where are you off to and what trade?

Do you think it is worth calling to see if they still have my details on their database?

Once again thanks
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by biscuit63
We're off in August all being well, heading for Adelaide or Melbourne?

There are at least 10 people I know (all RAOC/RLC) that have been accepted and are either there or in the process of leaving soon, 2 have been given places next year (jun 06 onwards).

Sue left at Christmas and the Robert took over in February but before that Sue was away from her desk from Oct to 10 Dec so there has been a huge gap when nothing has happened and really Robert has been put into the job with little or no idea on what to do and he has to catch up with work since Oct! I suppose we all know that feeling!!!

Like I said your best to leave it a couple of months and then start chasing them but Robert is under 'pressure'. I'm sure they put all applications onto a database so yours may still be on there somewhere. I've emailed Robert several times but he has never replied so I always end up phoning him but even then I think he's chasing his own arse most of the time.

What are you hoping to transfer into? I guess that it won't be RAAOC unless you've got some Sup Con/Spec or MTI training?

Cheers

Biscuit63
Many thanks for your reply,

I've posted above that I may re-send my application off again on Monday with a covering letter stating it's my second application, to see ho it goes. I'm trying to transfer as a finance clerk or admin clerk in either the RAAOC or RAAPC. Are the trades that you know only in the RLC world, I have come across one guy who transferred as a AGC Clk, but, that was 3 years ago.

I'm also toying with the idea of calling to check the database, if they can lose records in glasgow, it may happen in Oz!

Once again cheers
Old Feb 25th 2005, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for your reply,

I've posted above that I may re-send my application off again on Monday with a covering letter stating it's my second application, to see ho it goes. I'm trying to transfer as a finance clerk or admin clerk in either the RAAOC or RAAPC. Are the trades that you know only in the RLC world, I have come across one guy who transferred as a AGC Clk, but, that was 3 years ago.

I'm also toying with the idea of calling to check the database, if they can lose records in glasgow, it may happen in Oz!

Once again cheers
I suppose there is no harm in ringing to save you sending it all again if you don't have to but be prepared to not expect too much out of Robert.

I know, not very well, an AGC WO1 who went over as a Sgt clerk to Syndey last year but most are RLC. I'll drop him an email and see if he doesn't mind you emailing him yourself to answer any 'shiney' type questions if you want?

Biscuit63
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

I suppose there is no harm in ringing to save you sending it all again if you don't have to but be prepared to not expect too much out of Robert.

I know, not very well, an AGC WO1 who went over as a Sgt clerk to Syndey last year but most are RLC. I'll drop him an email and see if he doesn't mind you emailing him yourself to answer any 'shiney' type questions if you want?

Biscuit63
Once again Thanks,

It would be appreciated if you could drop him a line to see if he doesn't mind if I ask him a few questions regarding the vacancies and opportunites, my email is [email protected]

I'm not going to call robert up at this time, once I dig everytiiing out again I'll send them to SCMA.

Many thanks
Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mark
I am exploring the possibility of terminating my military service here in the UK. I have a communications background and im looking for people who may have taken the same route, so if any of you out there have done this can you tell me any contacts you may have and any of the pitfalls so i can avoid them.
I am an ex CRS in the RN who joined the communications branch of the RAN in Sep 03. I was 41 when I joined after getting my RN pension. If you require any info please email me and I will give whatever help I can.

Terry
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I've (today) re-sent off my second application to the transitions sections, just in case my original one that I put in last march has been mislaid

I've given serious thought to trying to get my posting delayed so that I could apply for Long Look in the summer, but, the place we're at now (fallingbostel) isn't the best place in the world

I'm going to give it until the end of May to see if I recieve a reply, if not I'm going to resort to the phone, hopefully be quicker than email/snail mail.

Many thanks

Gary
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I've (today) re-sent off my second application to the transitions sections, just in case my original one that I put in last march has been mislaid

I've given serious thought to trying to get my posting delayed so that I could apply for Long Look in the summer, but, the place we're at now (fallingbostel) isn't the best place in the world

I'm going to give it until the end of May to see if I recieve a reply, if not I'm going to resort to the phone, hopefully be quicker than email/snail mail.

Many thanks

Gary
Have passed on your details to Mark in Aus (ex AGC Spt Clk).

Biscuit63
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Have passed on your details to Mark in Aus (ex AGC Spt Clk).

Biscuit63
Many thanks, Hopefully he could answer a few questions I have regarding the difference in trades if there is any?

Once again thanks
Old Apr 17th 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Military transfer

Okay, so i have read the treads and now a bit confused, my husband is in the RAF here junior ranks and we are interested in going over to the RAAF one thing that he has in his pocket is that his dad is australian so keith has a passport so that might make it easier. I have emailed the defence people loads of times but never get a reply.
i just wondered if other people here have gone over to australian and what they had to do or how long it took, any tips of where to go now would be really good
thanks
sarah
Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

clivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really nice

Due to go over in May 06 to the RAAOC on completion of 22 years, completed everything and just waiting for the formal offer and complete the Visa application (although I have just been informed by SCMA my original military medical has now run out of date - only valid for 12 months - and my police check had been lost, so now had both of them re-done and completed, sent recorded special delivery). My wife and 3 kids (15,13,10) are really keen to get over there and experience what is on offer and the new challenge. Anyone who has completed the process I would be interested in knowing the next stage after the visa, how do you arrange removals or do the ADF give you a date and when you land in Aus what was the initial move (were you met at the airport - hotel - work process etc). Do you need to hire a car straight away and arrange a private hiring for the quarter situation? If anyone can shine a light on the schooling it would be appreciated, we have been told all the kids need to go back a year?? Any help would be greatly refreshing.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clivefawcett
Due to go over in May 06 to the RAAOC on completion of 22 years, completed everything and just waiting for the formal offer and complete the Visa application (although I have just been informed by SCMA my original military medical has now run out of date - only valid for 12 months - and my police check had been lost, so now had both of them re-done and completed, sent recorded special delivery). My wife and 3 kids (15,13,10) are really keen to get over there and experience what is on offer and the new challenge. Anyone who has completed the process I would be interested in knowing the next stage after the visa, how do you arrange removals or do the ADF give you a date and when you land in Aus what was the initial move (were you met at the airport - hotel - work process etc). Do you need to hire a car straight away and arrange a private hiring for the quarter situation? If anyone can shine a light on the schooling it would be appreciated, we have been told all the kids need to go back a year?? Any help would be greatly refreshing.
Hi All,

Well been here 3 months now in cold and rainy Adelaide - so much for the driest state in Aus!!

If you have any questions drop me a PM and I'll see what I can answer.

Cheers

Biscuit63
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Well been here 3 months now in cold and rainy Adelaide - so much for the driest state in Aus!!

If you have any questions drop me a PM and I'll see what I can answer.

Cheers

Biscuit63
Hi,

How are you finding it in Adelaide? Is the job what you expectd it to be? What differences is there between both armies (if at all?) I've got my interview in london next week (13 Oct) hopefully the answer will be yes and then we can start to plan.

Cheers

Gary
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

How are you finding it in Adelaide? Is the job what you expectd it to be? What differences is there between both armies (if at all?) I've got my interview in london next week (13 Oct) hopefully the answer will be yes and then we can start to plan.

Cheers

Gary
Hi Gary,

Well we had a great time getting over here with business class flights etc. then put into a 4 star holiday apartment, but that's where it all stopped. Adelaide is a large country town and hasn't really made an impression on us yet (sorry all you that love the place but that's my opinion).

The Australian Army is like the British Army of the 80's, you know before Bosnia etc all we did was to wait for the Russian hoards to come over the boarder and we trained most days but didn't realy have a job to do, well that's the Aussie's, waiting for someone to invade!

If you have any further questions drop me a PM.

Biscuit63

Last edited by biscuit63; Oct 17th 2005 at 3:42 am.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gary,

Well we had a great time getting over here with business class flights etc. then put into a 4 star holiday apartment, but that's where it all stopped. Adelaide is a large country town and hasn't really made an impression on us yet (sorry all you that love the place but that's my opinion).

The Australian Army is like the British Army of the 80's, you know before Bosnia etc all we did was to wait for the Russian hoards to come over the boarder and we trained most days but didn't realy have a job to do, well that's the Aussie's, waiting for someone to invade!

If you have any further questions drop me a PM.

Biscuit63
Cheers mate,

Went to the selection board last week, they offered me a job but, only as a Cpl. Before i went me and the wife made a decision that we would not accept anything less than a Sgt post due to salary etc and me not having the 22 pension to fall back on. So we have decided not to go and wait until i've done my 22 (6 years time). things might also change in that time and i may do continuence etc who knows. Also did not like to idea of my kids having to drop back a year in scholl and the possiblity of the little one not starting scholl until she was 6 (she's been going since she was 3 here in BFG) was not one we liked. And they said that we would be classed as a special needs family just because my middle daughter goes to speech and language therapy becuase she cannot pronounce her p's and g's!!

I can now understand how they can offer more jobs by reducing the rank to Cpl, the other 5 on the board with me were WO2/SSgt and they were offered Cpl slots except for 1.

But, i will still be using the expats baord, who knows what will happen when i finally get to my 22?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.