Reload this Page >

Military conduct question

Military conduct question

Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Question Military conduct question

Hi all,

I hope someone knows the answer; I don't want to send another question to my case officer if there is an easy answer here.

In my Med/police request was a request for RAF 'Good conduct certificate'

I am still serving in the RAF and have no intention of getting out until I have a firm offer of VISA, pretty dumb to get out of a well paid job if VISA is not guaranteed.

I have got the RAF disclosure (RAF police check) today, and have only just re-read the letter, to ensure it's all ready to send and I realised that the certificate request, may not be what I’ve got through.

As far as I'm aware, these are issued when you leave the military, so does this mean that DIMA are only going to proceed with my VISA application once I have left the RAF and sent them the 'Good conduct certificate'?

While at last autumns Oz expo, I asked a DIMA agent if I would have the VISA processed and granted while still serving, to which I got the reply ‘yes, but to emigrate you would need discharge papers. This seems like incorrect information now.

If this is the case, and there is an average 3 month gap between sending meds/police checks to VISA issue (if approved and no delays are created within the RAF) I will potentially be unemployed for 3 months.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:41 pm
arrive QLD 10th June

sonic3829 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Military conduct question

Hi Mike
What you've got is correct, I'm serving in the British Army and was asked for the same thing so sent a police check from the RMP. Also I got a letter from my Section boss/OC to say that he was aware of the process I was going through and nothing was going to hold me back.
Hope this helps
Paul
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:43 pm
arrive QLD 10th June

sonic3829 is an unknown quantity at this point

It wont hold your VISA back at all the letter just has to state that the RAF are aware of what you're going through and that you will be discharged from the RAF on receipt of a visa.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:50 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marson
Hi all,

I hope someone knows the answer; I don't want to send another question to my case officer if there is an easy answer here.

In my Med/police request was a request for RAF 'Good conduct certificate'

I am still serving in the RAF and have no intention of getting out until I have a firm offer of VISA, pretty dumb to get out of a well paid job if VISA is not guaranteed.

I have got the RAF disclosure (RAF police check) today, and have only just re-read the letter, to ensure it's all ready to send and I realised that the certificate request, may not be what I’ve got through.

As far as I'm aware, these are issued when you leave the military, so does this mean that DIMA are only going to proceed with my VISA application once I have left the RAF and sent them the 'Good conduct certificate'?

While at last autumns Oz expo, I asked a DIMA agent if I would have the VISA processed and granted while still serving, to which I got the reply ‘yes, but to emigrate you would need discharge papers. This seems like incorrect information now.

If this is the case, and there is an average 3 month gap between sending meds/police checks to VISA issue (if approved and no delays are created within the RAF) I will potentially be unemployed for 3 months.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
Hi there - we are currently in a similar situation, hubby due out of RN in 07 after 22 years and we were concerned about the same thing. However on investigating a few folk on this forum have got through no probs with just a letter from the CO until your TX date and issue of discharge papers etc. We too were worried about the possibility of a gap between getting discharge papers and getting your visa, so we going to start the TRA process in afew months and then look at the visa application next year.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonic3829
It wont hold your VISA back at all the letter just has to state that the RAF are aware of what you're going through and that you will be discharged from the RAF on receipt of a visa.

Hmm interesting, I'll certainly speak to my boss and ask for a covering letter.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm interesting, I'll certainly speak to my boss and ask for a covering letter.

Here's an update for anyone else in a similar situation.

Boss was contacted just before Easter by Oz asking lots of questions, which he answered correctly - I hope, and he will write a letter to go along with the disclosure paperwork.

However, from previous experience, he says that a VISA will not be issued until the good conduct certificate has been received by DIMA and the certificate can take up to 8 weeks to be produced.

Let’s hope DIMA think differently.

Mike
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

thebluearmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike,

Just to put the defining answer across has i`m going out in 10 days to the aussie army. You cannot get your Visa until you get your conduct record which was in my case from the RMP. I`ve not been an angel during my time in the army so if you worried bout that dont be cause any charges only show for the the last 5 years and then all they ask for is an explanation if any are more recent than that. The letter from you OC is required to let Australia House know that if they grant you a Visa that you will be out of the Brit forces within the next year. Your Visa is only current for a year from the time you put in you original Visa application and if you dont enter the Oz during that time, even if only for a day, you have to go thru the whole procedure again. In my case my OC was completly on side and would of wrote anything i would of asked of him. Hope this helps cause just thought some of the info given previously was a bit misleading.
Hope everything goes well
Craig
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:17 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an update for anyone else in a similar situation.

Boss was contacted just before Easter by Oz asking lots of questions, which he answered correctly - I hope, and he will write a letter to go along with the disclosure paperwork.

However, from previous experience, he says that a VISA will not be issued until the good conduct certificate has been received by DIMA and the certificate can take up to 8 weeks to be produced.

Let’s hope DIMA think differently.

Mike

You should get this (at the latest) on your final day in service or even the day you go on terminal leave. It depends on how good the clerk is in your UAO, chase them up a few months prior to leaving and let them know your situation. I work for the MOD in a tri-service UAO and know each of the services does things slightly different (pink & fluffy RAF should be ok though!! )