Mildura, VIC

Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:09 am
By the sea

sparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of light
Question Mildura, VIC

Hi everyone,

We havent been on here for a while as had pretty much given up hope until an agency contacted us and said that a company may be interested in sponsoring us and its all on again!

We have been looking into the Mildura area and it looks nice. Has anyone been to this area? What did you think to it?

Jo & Jon
Old Jun 29th 2006, 2:45 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mildura, VIC

Originally Posted by sparkleauz
Hi everyone,

We havent been on here for a while as had pretty much given up hope until an agency contacted us and said that a company may be interested in sponsoring us and its all on again!

We have been looking into the Mildura area and it looks nice. Has anyone been to this area? What did you think to it?

Jo & Jon
Hi, I was up there with my wife about 2 months ago and we loved it. It's a bit out of the way, but the surrounding countryside is beautiful. The people to get in contact with are fionaandmalc who live there, and seem pretty happy.

However, I was only there for a week and don't know what living there would be like.

Best of luck
Old Jun 29th 2006, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I've been there a couple of times as a kid, on family holidays.

I remember it as being a friendly place, although a bit out of the way from anywhere. It is the most northern part of Victoria, so can get "quite hot" for Victoria....growing up, it was reguarly the hottest place in the state, reaching high 30s or 40 degrees when Melb/Geelong was low 30s.

If I were going back there anytime soon, it is certainly one place that I'd look at.

Downsides - not really sure as to how much "culture" there is.....plays/theatre/opera if that's your cuppa (not mine).

Old Jun 29th 2006, 6:33 pm
By the sea

sparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys!

Thanks for your opinions. We are looking into the area at the moment to check out the liveability factor for us. It does look really nice. We just wanted to check out what other people think of it too.

Cheers

Jo & Jon
Old Jun 29th 2006, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Love it! Although too hot for me to live there. I've been there heaps over the last 10 years as my sister lives in the area (Robinvale) and works in Mildura.

It's a decent sized rural town with a good range of shops, amenities, cafes, restaurants, bars, etc. The location is beautiful - on the Murray River (mildura even has a beach, on the riverbank). Primary industry is fruit growing so lots of fruit blocks and farms. It's well connected for both Melbourne and Adelaide - both accessible by air and good highway links Adelaide is approx 4.5hr drive, Melbourne approx 5hr drive, and Sydney 10-11hr drive . There's not really a great deal between Mildura and Mel/Adelaide until you get to the fringes of those cities (or at least down towards Bendigo)

As Ozzidoc says, temps in the high 30s to mid 40s are common (and even higher on occasion). One Dec a few years back I arrived from the UK and it was 48 degrees at Mildura airport - big shock to the system!!

My husband and I did consider moving there from Melbourne as I wanted to see more of my sister but really it was the heat that stopped us (a few other factors too). Winters are lovely - warm days altho nights can get very cool, ground frosts, etc.

I think there are people on BE who are living in Mildura so can give the low down on actually living there.