Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mildura - anybody up there?

Mildura - anybody up there?

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 7:41 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Mildura - anybody up there?

Hello all,

Not been on here in ages since we actually got the Visa - stuff has moved on now though....

My wife and I are moving to Mildura at the end of the year. Have found a few threads on here where people mention it, but I didn't know if anyone is living up there.... Any one?

Visited at Christmas - would just be good to make some contacts...

Thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:54 am
Just Joined

tonyree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mildura - anybody up there?

Hi

Been in Mildura for about 8 months. What a beautiful place and full of very friendly and helpful people. Unfortunately i could not secure my exact type of work so i moved on to WA a month and half ago.

I now regard Mildura as my base in Australia as i made a lot of friends. Have a fabulous stay.
tony
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:46 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonyree
Hi

Been in Mildura for about 8 months. What a beautiful place and full of very friendly and helpful people. Unfortunately i could not secure my exact type of work so i moved on to WA a month and half ago.

I now regard Mildura as my base in Australia as i made a lot of friends. Have a fabulous stay.
tony
Thanks for this. Hopefully my job offer will work out so we can move at the end of the year...
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:49 pm
Cobber

pab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Hello all,

Not been on here in ages since we actually got the Visa - stuff has moved on now though....

My wife and I are moving to Mildura at the end of the year. Have found a few threads on here where people mention it, but I didn't know if anyone is living up there.... Any one?

Visited at Christmas - would just be good to make some contacts...

Thanks!
Hi

We moved to Mildura last September and we love it.

We have bought a house and are moving into it in 2 weeks (you get a lot more house for your money here which takes some of the sting out of the crap exchange rate!!), our two girls are really settled in their new schools and both my wife and I have secured reasonably good jobs.
We have met some really great people, both pom's and ozzie's and there is loads to do to keep the family entertained.
Let me know if you need any info etc.....
Old Mar 13th 2010, 5:25 am
Top Dog

Originally Posted by pab1974
Hi

We moved to Mildura last September and we love it.

We have bought a house and are moving into it in 2 weeks (you get a lot more house for your money here which takes some of the sting out of the crap exchange rate!!), our two girls are really settled in their new schools and both my wife and I have secured reasonably good jobs.
We have met some really great people, both pom's and ozzie's and there is loads to do to keep the family entertained.
Let me know if you need any info etc.....
Fab - someone is there! What made you pick Mildura? We've been a few time to Melbourne and couldn't quite see us living there. Went up to Mildura over Christmas and felt it is the right place for us.

Thanks for offer of info - I'm sure I'll take it up over the coming months!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:13 am
Cobber

pab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Fab - someone is there! What made you pick Mildura? We've been a few time to Melbourne and couldn't quite see us living there. Went up to Mildura over Christmas and felt it is the right place for us.

Thanks for offer of info - I'm sure I'll take it up over the coming months!
We went up to check it out as a recruitment agent that I had been in touch with in Melbourne had a printing job up there. I had never heard of the place but thought it would be nice to check it out and see a bit of country Vic. Needless to say we thought it was great and are so glad we ended up here and not a big city. It only takes us 5mins to get to work and back rather than the probable 1hr + commute we probably would have had in Melbourne.
It's by no means perfect up here but, hey, where is?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 4:16 pm
Top Dog

Not perfect - our first impression is where do we get clothes etc - no David Jones, Myers etc... but even in a fortnight it grew on us...