Wikiposts

Mil Rant

Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:14 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mil Rant

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Sorry for this rant but everyone I know in the world is asleep in bed right now and I am going insane.

My MIL followed us to Brisbane 9 days after we arrived to stay with us for 2 months!
My husband even paid for her bloody ticket.
She hates our son, he is 11yrs old, she had 8 children 2 girls and 6 boys and hates boys.
For 3 weeks she has refereed to our son as "that child" "the boy"
"stupid creature" and cackles at everything he says as if he is stupid.
She doesn't like me or my daughter much either she actually said to me the other day I suppose you have let yourself go because you work and earn money, in my day you had to keep yourself nice to keep your husband.
I am no scruff by the way and wash and blow dry my hair everyday and wear make up every day.

I grew up in a very hostile home with a very aggressive father and I am so terrified of being like him that I suppress a lot of my feelings.

BUT, I went shopping with my daughter yesterday and when we came home my husband and MIL were sitting watching TV and hadn't seen my son for 2 hours.
I went out into the street to look for him and was told that he rode of on his own a while ago, I drove around like a mad woman and found him about 2 miles away standing over his bike crying, he was running away :scared:
He had heard his Grandmother speaking about him horribly with his father and the dad that he adores wasn't even sticking up for him, he was bloody agreeing!!!!!
My husband was pulling his hair out to me last week about his mother not liking our son and now he is sitting there agreeing with her. What is this bloody hold? My husband is a different man around her!
I calmed our son down and took him home and forgot to suppress my feelings lol
I went mad, I said to them he is a bloody child and she said oh for goodness sake he is nearly 12 (she talks like the queen by the way)
She then said well where is the boy he is ok isn't he!
He isn't the bloody boy or that child he is your bloody grandson and his name is Greg and no he isn't ok he is bloody upset, he already knew his Grandmother didnt like him but he is heartbroken to hear his father agreeing with you I didnt say this by the way I shouted it.
She just replied oh that stupid child... That was it, I said right that's it I have had enough I am not willing to have someone under my roof that doesn't like my children you can both **** off.
AAAAAGGGGHHHHH thing is there is no where for her to go, she has a son and DIL up the road who's son has grown up and left home but they wont have her, I have phoned them and asked twice but they say no way, they have never forgiven her for the way she treated their son.
I am so angry, I knew what she was like and I made my husband promise that if she stayed with us that he would have to be loyal to us and not let this happen again and he has let me down so badly.
So I am stuck in a small holiday rental with a witch of a MIL and my husband neither of whom are speaking to me or me to them, and I am feeling so pissed off its unbelievable. I havent even got a bloody car I can off for the day in.

Sharon
GOING MAD
I really do sympathise, when I read a while ago that the MIL was following only a few days after, I thought it was a recipe for disaster (as did many others, and they said so) Be firm and be very strong, and if that wimp of a husband takes his mothers side over his own family, then tell him to take a hike too. If you were in the wrong and his mum was in the right, then its fair enough to back her, but in this situation you are 100% right, and he is 100% wimp. They sound like they should be on Jerry Springer together.

Main thing is get that interfering old witch out of your childrens lives immediately, children need positive influences and good role models, not worthless pieces of shit like your MIL.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Centurion
How horrible for you. Please speak to your husband privately before you go "nuclear" though. If nothing else explain to him that you are about to leave until she has or he supports you. Please dont do it in front of your kid or the witchlady. Then you can speak to the nasty old woman and explain that you, like every other member of her family, find her intolerable, rude and she must leave before she breaks up your family which you will not allow. Dont discuss it, the whys wherefores or anything else.

I always find the trick is to remain calm, focused, refuse to raise your voice, let the other person drone on if need be without interrupting and then simply carrying on. Your not the bad person in all of this - but you will have to make sure that it doesn't split your family any more than it has already. Dont give her any ammo.

From the sounds of things you've been a saint already. Please please just make sure that she doest hurt your family anymore than she has. My sincerest best wishes and luck to you.

Alternatively my Doberman arrives tomorrow and your welcome to bring the old bat around here for him to have a munch. Save me buying a bone
I was just about to say how much i admired your tact and diplomacy centurion,(neither of which i possess) and then you add your last sentence.
Although i would go about it like a bull in a china shop i agree with first thoughts,well done.
donna
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:42 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
H e might just be waiting for you to get rid of her. He does not have the guts to do it. [under the patio]
Sorry to say this about the person you took as your husband, one whos supposed to be your best friend, pillar of strength amongst everything else, but is this man you call your husband a coward ?
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:47 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

try throwing a bucket of water over her.........hopefully she will melt!!!

well it did work for the witch in Wizard of Oz

Then it would be Shazza....aka Dorothy
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

I think we might all learn something from this.
I imagine everyone is stressed and anxious when they first arrive in Aus. Job hunting, house hunting, missing friends, new country etc., so the last thing we need is visitors straight away.
I think people should give themselves time to settle down, get the kids settled, get their emotions settled, which would probably be at least 6 months and then agree to have visitors.
i cant think of anything worse than to have people staying within the first 2 weeks of arriving, let alone the mother in law.
You have gone over there to start a new and better life - and she has spoiled everything.
It will take alot of guts to throw someone out. If you leave with your son, saying you willl only return when she has gone, and your husband is as weak as he sounds, I would imagine he will let you go. Then it will be you that is homeless and upset - why give her the satisfaction.
I dont know what the answer is, but shouting and arguing doesnt usually solve anything. You need to get her out of there, but dont know how strong you are to do it. The sooner she goes, then you can start your new life as you had planned - without her!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for this rant but everyone I know in the world is asleep in bed right now and I am going insane.

My MIL followed us to Brisbane 9 days after we arrived to stay with us for 2 months!
My husband even paid for her bloody ticket.
She hates our son, he is 11yrs old, she had 8 children 2 girls and 6 boys and hates boys.
For 3 weeks she has refereed to our son as "that child" "the boy"
"stupid creature" and cackles at everything he says as if he is stupid.
She doesn't like me or my daughter much either she actually said to me the other day I suppose you have let yourself go because you work and earn money, in my day you had to keep yourself nice to keep your husband.
I am no scruff by the way and wash and blow dry my hair everyday and wear make up every day.

I grew up in a very hostile home with a very aggressive father and I am so terrified of being like him that I suppress a lot of my feelings.

BUT, I went shopping with my daughter yesterday and when we came home my husband and MIL were sitting watching TV and hadn't seen my son for 2 hours.
I went out into the street to look for him and was told that he rode of on his own a while ago, I drove around like a mad woman and found him about 2 miles away standing over his bike crying, he was running away :scared:
He had heard his Grandmother speaking about him horribly with his father and the dad that he adores wasn't even sticking up for him, he was bloody agreeing!!!!!
My husband was pulling his hair out to me last week about his mother not liking our son and now he is sitting there agreeing with her. What is this bloody hold? My husband is a different man around her!
I calmed our son down and took him home and forgot to suppress my feelings lol
I went mad, I said to them he is a bloody child and she said oh for goodness sake he is nearly 12 (she talks like the queen by the way)
She then said well where is the boy he is ok isn't he!
He isn't the bloody boy or that child he is your bloody grandson and his name is Greg and no he isn't ok he is bloody upset, he already knew his Grandmother didnt like him but he is heartbroken to hear his father agreeing with you I didnt say this by the way I shouted it.
She just replied oh that stupid child... That was it, I said right that's it I have had enough I am not willing to have someone under my roof that doesn't like my children you can both **** off.
AAAAAGGGGHHHHH thing is there is no where for her to go, she has a son and DIL up the road who's son has grown up and left home but they wont have her, I have phoned them and asked twice but they say no way, they have never forgiven her for the way she treated their son.
I am so angry, I knew what she was like and I made my husband promise that if she stayed with us that he would have to be loyal to us and not let this happen again and he has let me down so badly.
So I am stuck in a small holiday rental with a witch of a MIL and my husband neither of whom are speaking to me or me to them, and I am feeling so pissed off its unbelievable. I havent even got a bloody car I can off for the day in.

Sharon
GOING MAD

Anything like this makes me so if she wont F... off then I think I'd make a stand a take the kids to a hotel for a few nights.....how you've not got her by the scruff of the neck and kicked her out I take my hat of to ya

Really hope you get things sorted, really not needed in the early days of emigrating. Is there no way of you and the kids taking your husband out on you own and all of you talking about the situation? She has got to go!!

Sue x

Last edited by Sue2; Nov 7th 2005 at 6:21 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by diddy
We probably need four of us. One for each leg and arm. Now we just need to figure out where to throw her.
Luggage Point! Forget stopping at Brisbane airport, just go around the back way.

That's her type of place.

She could even get treatment there LOL

Alternatively when nature forgets remember laxettes!! Then pinch the loo paper!

Good luck with it all, this is not a good start out here.

WW
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:31 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, some very sensible and some very very funny!

SHE HAS GONE!!!!!!

Dont know where as husband and her just walked out while I was in the bedroom with the children, but I just looked in her room and her case etc has gone.
I feel a bit sick that it came to this but it couldn't go on, when I picked the kids up from school they were consumed with talking about how much they dont like her and they wish she wasn't here. I couldn't even keep up the good mother act and tell them that she is their grandmother and that they have to show her respect, I had gone past it.
I am interested to see what my husband has to say for himself now she has gone.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

SHE HAS GONE!!!!!!

Dont know where as husband and her just walked out while I was in the bedroom with the children, but I just looked in her room and her case etc has gone.
I feel a bit sick that it came to this but it couldn't go on, when I picked the kids up from school they were consumed with talking about how much they dont like her and they wish she wasn't here. I couldn't even keep up the good mother act and tell them that she is their grandmother and that they have to show her respect, I had gone past it.

FANTASTIC!!!!! Has she always been like that? what a bloody nightmare!
and lets hope she's on her way back to the UK

Good luck with chatting to your husband

Sue x
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

Are your husbands things still there? Lets hope so.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

SHE HAS GONE!!!!!!

hooray, now enjoy your new life.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:07 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

SHE HAS GONE!!!!!!
Thank Goodness! I've only just read this thread, I'm spitting nails on your behalf and I was just about to ring up Quantas and book a ticket to come over to Oz, just so I could personally give her arse a great big kicking!

Your hubbies loyalty to his mother is misplaced, to put it mildly - you and the kids should be his first priority, and I hope he realises this sooner rather than later. I hope you are able to sit down and get things sorted out with him.

Best wishes,

Nicky
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:20 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

SHE HAS GONE!!!!!!

No need to feel sick in the slightest about it, your children are THE only priority here, you have done the right thing, and should be commended for it. People like your MIL dont belong in a normal society like the rest of us good caring and responsible people, your lives will be much better without her in them. The children need plenty of positive encouragement now to get them back on track, and need to be told their Gran is a very poisonous person, but the majority of people are good people, they will soon get over it.

WELL DONE.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Tell her to pack her bags and ***** off!

I second that and with a big boot up the arse
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:40 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

SHE HAS GONE!!!!!!
YAY!!!!

What did your husband have to say for himself then? I am glad you have got your house back, as it is stressful enough moving to another country, without having houseguests who out stay their welcome!

Hope you and your hubby get through this. I am sure your kids feel better already. Best of Luck!

Susan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.