Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newcastle (NSW) suburbs and schools

Newcastle (NSW) suburbs and schools

Old Sep 6th 2003, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

tosh cambridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newcastle (NSW) suburbs and schools

Moving to area soon, has anyone any information or experiences about suburbs of newcastle or good/bad schools for 12 year old.

Thanks
Old Sep 8th 2003, 4:05 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Newcastle (NSW) suburbs and schools

Originally posted by tosh cambridge
Moving to area soon, has anyone any information or experiences about suburbs of newcastle or good/bad schools for 12 year old.

Thanks

Can't comment on schools

. Try Swansea, blacksmiths and Wangi and caves beach, for either near the lake or beaches. Haven't got a clue on house prices that way now. I used to live there (was there for just over a year) about 5 years ago. Then a 3 to 4 bed brick was around $145, $155 thou , two streets away from Blacksmiths beach.. they were about the same prices then as in Brisbane... probably still the same as Brisbane prices.... just gone up with this boom.
Start your search in the Swansea area , that backs onto Lake Maquarie, it's a small town.,. it used to be a nice area when I was living that way (seems they've developed it a bit around the area though.. like every where else with these units and such, things change).

I can't give you up- to - date info, things may have changed in the past 5 years since I was there.It's a nice part of Aus, You should like it in Newcastle.... well I did down to earth people.. not as crowded as Brisbane, and beautiful surrounding areas such as Port Stephens and also stockton beach in Newcastle ... which runs from Newcastle right up to Port stephens.

can't help on current info... but maybe someone else can.

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:24 pm
Carol in Oz

Default Re: Newcastle (NSW) suburbs and schools

Originally posted by tosh cambridge

Thanks

Just north of Newcastle near Raymond Terrace I liked a small place called Medowie. House prices reasonable although like everywhere - on the increase. Dont know about schools though. When we were there 2 yrs ago some developement was on the way and were told by the locals that most people there go to Newcastle for work (none at Medowie)

Carol