Migration Show!

Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Migration Show!

Hi I have just spoken to my Sister in OZ and she said that shortly after getting her Visa she was invited along to a Migration show set up by DIMIA at Austravel in London. It had all the main Australian Banks, removal firms, Airlines etc. I have searched the forum and cannot find any info on it, mind you she did move about 7 or 8 years ago.

John
Old Jun 10th 2005, 9:17 am
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of
Default Re: Migration Show!

Originally Posted by jond
Hi I have just spoken to my Sister in OZ and she said that shortly after getting her Visa she was invited along to a Migration show set up by DIMIA at Austravel in London. It had all the main Australian Banks, removal firms, Airlines etc. I have searched the forum and cannot find any info on it, mind you she did move about 7 or 8 years ago.

John
How about this one:
Opportunities Australia Expo
29 - 30 October 2005
IBIS Hotel Earls Court,
Earls Court SW6 1UD
http://www.expo-australia.com/

I went last year and it was pretty good. Banks, removal firms, airlines, state governments and lots of health-related recruitment. Not so good for I.T. recruitment, seems I.T. recruiters just use the Internet. Also went to the Kiwi one, where they were a little more enthusiastic about I.T. (perhaps just 'cause I'm Kiwi ).
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:13 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fnord
How about this one:
Opportunities Australia Expo
29 - 30 October 2005
IBIS Hotel Earls Court,
Earls Court SW6 1UD
http://www.expo-australia.com/

I went last year and it was pretty good. Banks, removal firms, airlines, state governments and lots of health-related recruitment. Not so good for I.T. recruitment, seems I.T. recruiters just use the Internet. Also went to the Kiwi one, where they were a little more enthusiastic about I.T. (perhaps just 'cause I'm Kiwi ).
I think the concensus on that show was it was good for nurses / engineers and crap for everyone else.

Unless you are one of those and specifically looking for jobs the Sandown Park show was much better last year (and slightly sooner)

http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...howitem=000001
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:02 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel
I think the concensus on that show was it was good for nurses / engineers and crap for everyone else.

Unless you are one of those and specifically looking for jobs the Sandown Park show was much better last year (and slightly sooner)

i went to sandown and found it very useful at the time but a quick question, when is it on next as the one i went to was in the early part of the year.
or are there anymore good showscoming up shortly.

cheers anyway

andy
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:19 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woody1974
i went to sandown and found it very useful at the time but a quick question, when is it on next as the one i went to was in the early part of the year.
or are there anymore good showscoming up shortly.

cheers anyway

andy
Click the link Andy on my first post. I think the next one is early October and only slightly smaller than the March show. They also do it at York once a year but you have missed that one a few weeks ago.

These plus the jobs one at Earl's Court referred to are the main ones I am aware of.

The best part of these shows in my experience has been meeting up with other future ex-pats for a beer or 6 afterwards. I would like to think we will be in Perth by October but if not should be up for a meet at the show again.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:29 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Click the link Andy on my first post. I think the next one is early October and only slightly smaller than the March show. They also do it at York once a year but you have missed that one a few weeks ago.

These plus the jobs one at Earl's Court referred to are the main ones I am aware of.

The best part of these shows in my experience has been meeting up with other future ex-pats for a beer or 6 afterwards. I would like to think we will be in Perth by October but if not should be up for a meet at the show again.
thanks for that worzel may see you at the meet the week end but have a family do on the afternoon to go to, but say ello to moomin as i think she is still going
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:00 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Agree totally!

Apart from meeting yooze lot , was a complete waste of time. Did the rounds twice in just over half an hour.

D D