Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migration agents question

Migration agents question

Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default Migration agents question

We have paid an initial fee to a migration agent and have got together everything we need for the TRA and checked it all with agent. The lady we were using is now working for another company and i wanted to ask some advice. I was wondering whether to just send the forms, references etc direct to the TRA where we only need to pay $300 or pay another £600+ to agent when they have checked it all and will just send it off anyway and that is just for TRA, next part will cost more plus application fee. How hard is the next bit to do on your own anyway? Any advice much appreciated we are trying to save money as have a baby on the way.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Migration agents question

Originally Posted by iainandsam
We have paid an initial fee to a migration agent and have got together everything we need for the TRA and checked it all with agent. The lady we were using is now working for another company and i wanted to ask some advice. I was wondering whether to just send the forms, references etc direct to the TRA where we only need to pay $300 or pay another £600+ to agent when they have checked it all and will just send it off anyway and that is just for TRA, next part will cost more plus application fee. How hard is the next bit to do on your own anyway? Any advice much appreciated we are trying to save money as have a baby on the way.

Hi im just saying a quick hello and welcolme, sorry I cant help you with this one but im sure someone will be along to give you some info, youve come to the right site but beware its addictive
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice
Default Re: Migration agents question

Originally Posted by iainandsam
I'm not sure how hard it'd be for you to go the next step alone, we used a migration agent, it cost around £1000 but was well worth the money, they ensured all the eyes were dotted and the tees crossed. if anything at all is wrong or missing they'll return your application and you'l have to start from scratch again, including paying for it again and again