Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migration Agents.......a necessity?

Migration Agents.......a necessity?

Old Jun 20th 2004, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

kaka1964 is on a distinguished road
Default Migration Agents.......a necessity?

we plan to apply for Skilled Independent Migration very soon and are wondering if it is always advisable to use an agent or have others migrated without one.

What are your experiences?
What do agents charge?

Please can you help?
Old Jun 20th 2004, 2:21 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Agents.......a necessity?

Originally posted by kaka1964
we plan to apply for Skilled Independent Migration very soon and are wondering if it is always advisable to use an agent or have others migrated without one.

What do agents charge?

Please can you help?
Hi

Don't know what agents charge so can't help you there thou I've heard £2k bandied about.

We done our application ourselves and found it manageable, well my wife did anyway!! We are Skilled Sponsored, so there is work to be done by ourselves and work to be done by our sponsor and assuror in Oz.

It all depends how confident you are about form filling and collecting evidence, we do it every day of the week in our work so it wasn't to daunting.

There are a lot of good agents mentioned on this forum but George Lombard is one of the best according to members.

Good luck either way

Walla
Old Jun 20th 2004, 3:46 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

What do agents charge?

Please can you help?
Hiya Kaka1964,

I suppose it all depends on how complex your application is and if you wonna do it yourself.

It is possible to do it yourself, get on the web, look up the info on the DIMA website, find your assessing body and go from there.

Not impossible to do, we / I did ours ourselves.

Bye
Mak
Old Jun 20th 2004, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

What do agents charge?

Please can you help?
Agree with all comments above. There was a little debate not long ago on the subject which may be of interest to you:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=234415

Best of luck with your application whichever decision you make.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Jun 20th 2004, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Markeh, you can do so much of the research yourself. I put together our application, it didn't take that long to prepare. People on this website and Go Matilda were really helpful. One bonus of not using an agent is that you don't have to wait for them to ask you for stuff etc. and there isn't a "middle man" between you and DIMIA. We actually did one of those online assessments, which told us not to bother! However, we were asked for our bond money last week and we're nearly there.

However, I would consider using an agent if my application was complicated by such issues as step children, criminal convictions etc.

Best Wishes
Larissa
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:00 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Larissa
I agree with Markeh, you can do so much of the research yourself. I put together our application, it didn't take that long to prepare. People on this website and Go Matilda were really helpful. One bonus of not using an agent is that you don't have to wait for them to ask you for stuff etc. and there isn't a "middle man" between you and DIMIA. We actually did one of those online assessments, which told us not to bother! However, we were asked for our bond money last week and we're nearly there.

However, I would consider using an agent if my application was complicated by such issues as step children, criminal convictions etc.

Best Wishes
Larissa
Thanks Larissa,
I also think the £2000 is better spent on me!

Who wouldn't like £2000 to spend on themselves.

New laptop & a holiday to Oz are on my list!

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Markeh
I'm thinking of charging the hubby, I could do with a nice new laptop and a new wardrobe
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:19 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Our agent cost £1300 and was the best money ever I spent...he has been working with us for the last 13 months, and has now become a friend, very professional service with a personal touch also
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by biggy
Our agent cost £1300 and was the best money ever I spent...he has been working with us for the last 13 months, and has now become a friend, very professional service with a personal touch also
out of interest biggy, which agent are u using? reckon my agent would be slightly more but so far happy with the advice, help and recommendations they are giving so far.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:57 pm
Happy Daddy

Originally posted by Larissa
Lol Markeh
I'm thinking of charging the hubby, I could do with a nice new laptop and a new wardrobe
Hiya Larissa,

I've got a nice new laptop that I'm using at the moment & i have a fitted wardrobe. (That possibly explains why the wife wont's to move house!)

Pluss it felt good to spend some money on myself

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 20th 2004, 9:10 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by trainee_pilot
out of interest biggy, which agent are u using? reckon my agent would be slightly more but so far happy with the advice, help and recommendations they are giving so far.

Hey TP sent u a pm x